hi

Say Hi and introduce yourself

hi

Postby kobold » Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 pm

hello, spirit people! i am a long time distiller, but not spirits, just water, using air still. recently i started making herbal tinctures that often have solvent requirements not serviced by the commercial sector, hence my interest in good quality and affordable ethanol & this forum. i see this adventure as a creative playground of the senses and learning. also, i would like to make something resembling dark rum with my airstill :ar!
kobold

equipment: air still, 3"pot still

Re: hi

Postby Kimbo » Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 pm

G'day Kobba,
welcome to the forum mate, keen to hear more about some of your herbal recipes :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby kobold » Fri May 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Kimbo wrote:G'day Kobba,
welcome to the forum mate, keen to hear more about some of your herbal recipes :handgestures-thumbupleft:

thank you mate. i am using many herbs, but the adaptogens are the most interesting. i fermented ginseng+ginger+galangal in water kefir, dandelion root/hyssop in kombucha, soaked astragalus tincture in alcohol (today). i also like to add toasted oak to some non-alcoholic drinks, less pronounced, but plenty detectable and delicious.
kobold

equipment: air still, 3"pot still

Postby Sam. » Sat May 12, 2012 12:29 am

I see you have played knifey spoony before.......
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Return to Welcome Centre