Hello distillers!

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello distillers!

Postby TSV Moonshine » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:20 pm

My story starts with my homebrewing beer and has progressed to diving into distilling! Currently in the process of building a reflux/pot still with a keg boiler. :greetings-waveyellow:
Very keen to read and see what the community has done, what works or what to look out for! :text-thankyoublue:
TSV Moonshine

equipment: Under construction
modular 2" reflux/pot combo
50L fermentor and 50L boiler SS

Re: Hello distillers!

Postby Wellsy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Welcome TSV Moonshine
Have a good read of the newbie section mate then you can research the still type you settle on to build in the appropriate section
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby WhiskeySour » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Welcome TSV

If you have a reasonable amount of 2", I highly recommend researching a ccvm. It is essentially a pot still that can be converted to a reflux column by a couple of extra modular bits (spool and coil condenser) and some ss scrubbies. I've got a 1m column that I pack when I need neutral and pull them out for whiskey washes
Or if you are up for something a bit faster (and cooler), there is plenty of info on here for bubble plate columns. You will want to go for 4" though, not worth it in 2"
WhiskeySour

equipment: 50L keg boiler, 2x 2200w
2" copper pot still
CCVM head, 1m column

Postby Doubleuj » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Gday mate, welcome to the forum, good luck with the build. we have a saying around here... pics or it didn’t happen :laughing-rolling:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Return to Welcome Centre