Howdy All

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Re: Howdy All

Postby SBB » Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Noted
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby crow » Tue May 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Frank wrote:
Linno wrote:...... looks from the birds at the local IGA when you rock up to the counter with a trolley full o sugar. One of the check out chicks said me she wont ask me what its for so I dont have to lie.. I just.......Cheers Linno

Well :o ..... a common thread is surely evolving here :think:
it now seems to me that buying bulk sugar at the local supermarket is a great way to meet the local ladies :dance: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
(tragics, singles and 'others' take note :laughing-rolling: )

Fit all 3 of them and :laughing-rolling: one young chicky babe does always smirk and talk to me when I buy a heap of sugar , Oh yeah she knows (clever girl )
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby bt1 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Just a few thoughts,

IGA branded sugar is a Bunderberg??? product from recall...found it was more expensive than coles brand and had a heap of shite in it...floaties, discoloured, a grit that don't desolve...

I'm paying $2.20 per 2KG for Coles home brand...might save u a quid...check it out

cheers
bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby Frank » Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 pm

nice one bt1
I wonder sometimes about 'cheap white sugar'. NFI, regardless of country of origin, whether its truly suitable and your post has reaffirmed my :think:
Anyone done the research???and, yep, looks like another :text-threadjacked:
Frank

Postby grumpthehermit » Wed May 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Welcome Linno,

:)

I have the same still as you also and It runs well.

I have only cleaned mine once with citric, and that was only to make the outside of it shiny really ... I just soaked the whole think in a bucket of hot water with the citric mixed in.

I rinse mine really well with hot water after every run though and I've had no dramas or bad tastes / flavors.

The TPW / tomato paste wash and Wheat Germ wash a worth a look if your not familiar.

I am yet to see 95% out of mine, I see 93% temp corrected to 20 degrees C, with the short column height I didn't think 95% would be possible?

I was thinking about extending it like Croweater has done but reading about his results from doing so I am thinking maybe not such a good idea?

I have a needle valve on mine too ... From Mrs McStill, worth the money for me, if you want to control the output speed easily this will make your life allot easier.

Cheers
GTH
grumpthehermit

Postby ticknaylor » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi guys I'm over here in the west aswell and i nearly finished my first still and im chasing a stainless steel needle valve to go onto 1/4 inch OD copper pipe. Can anyone help me get in touch with mrs mcstill i read you could get them from her? How much you looking at for one? Cheers for providing this information for everyone to use i hope one day i know enough to be able to give some knowledge back to this forum.
ticknaylor

Postby Kimbo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Tick,
welcome to the forum mate, what's ya poison?
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby ticknaylor » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Pretty much anything mate I'm not much of connoisseur. If I had to choose one I'd say whiskey drink a fare bit of canadian club and I dont mind a scotch mate. Just wanna learn how to make everything i'll give em all a go i reckon once i get my still up and going. :D
ticknaylor

Previous

Return to Welcome Centre