Hello to all the AD community

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello to all the AD community

Postby Beato » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:32 am

Beato here from NSW. Sitting here swapping jars on a BWKO spirit run, thought it was a good time to stop lurking and introduce myself.

I got started in this hobby some years ago through an uncle who ( you guessed it ) has a T500. So after about a year of getting him to make me neutral so I could mix up HBS cordial, I got hold of an old super reflux still for $100 and started making my own turbo cordial...

Fast forward another year and I was enjoying the hobby but knew there must be more to it and was keen to upgrade. Around this time of research I thankfully found this forum. So as predominantly a rum drinker i now have a FSD 4” modular pot still on a 50l keg I built with the help from a mate ( hence the bourbon I’m making as his payment ).

I have just started drinking my first macrum that has been on oak for 2.5 months and love it, and have the 3rd gen of the second batch bubbling away.
Future plans are of course a bubbler, but for now would just like to thank everyone on here for the invaluable info , Cheers
Beato

equipment: FSD 4” Copper Bubbler with SS packed section on a keg boiler with 4800 wasps

Re: Hello to all the AD community

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:44 am

Welcome Beato
Congrats on an awesome purchase and as you have already witnessed it makes some great stuff.
If you triple distill ( stripping run, spirit run then spirit run the hearts ) the WBAB wash you get a great vodka as a base for other experiments or simply drinking on its own. So many great recipes.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:10 am

Welcome Beato, your home now :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Professor Green » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:17 am

Welcome Beato.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.