Another newby

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Another newby

Postby BWS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi all, another from the West Coast, this forum has some amazing content and I assume some amazing distillers.

While there is information overload learning this new craft I look forward to the journey.
BWS

equipment: Reflux still, looking to get a pot still for full flavour.

Re: Another newby

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Welcome BWS
Lots of great advice to be had on here and some fabulous recipes
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4ā€ Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby BWS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm

For sure Wellsy, as my journey transforms I will be looking to get a pot still and get into all grains. As a non rum drinker Iā€™m already keen on trying one of these recipes.
BWS

equipment: Reflux still, looking to get a pot still for full flavour.

Postby Wellsy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 am

I started with the pot still and am super happy with it.
I can highly recommend the BWKO, mine always ferments fast , about a week, and as a newbie that is what you want.
I also love the WBAB which I use for Vodka , I am told it makes a good whiskey when you use generations but I am yet to try that. Nutrigrain whiskey is the one I have used for whiskey , it fermented slowly , for me, 3 weeks, but others have not had that happen, it tastes fantastic as well. Good luck and ask plenty of questions as well as read read read :)
So many great options and ideas to try
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4ā€ Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre