Say Hi and introduce yourself

Postby TheCount » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi all,

I started extract brewing about 30 years ago (even still have the same Coopers fermenter now as a Starsan bucket) and just recently bought a Brewzilla 35L to move to all-grain.. Also added to my equipment is a pot still head to have a crack at distilling. My setup is a bench made from 200x50 sleepers next to my shed with easy access to power. 3 x IBC tanks live under my citrus trees and seems to stay around 20C all through Summer. It has been good for chilling the beers and worked really well during distillation. Water used is returned to the furthest away tank

My batches aim to be smaller at 12L as I try a wide range of recipes. So far I've done a Citrus IPA and Aussie Lager both from Brewfather. Have to say I'm pleased with the ease with which its made. Sure, there are more steps but they have a logic to them and its pretty hard to screw it up.

First distillation was a sugar wash/clear which turned into Odin's easy gin and went down really easy, and I've got a rum fermenting just now that was taken from Tech Ingredients' recent Youtube video.

I look forward to reading a lot more through the site and contributing where I can.

Cheers,
TC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCount

equipment: Brewing beer for over 30 years. Bought the Brewzilla for ease of use and how it can be converted into distilling mode easily.

Re: New Member

Postby RuddyCrazy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Looks like your well on the way to making some nice stuff and have good read on the tried and true forum, also the recipe forum has some good ones too.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby TheCount » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:03 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:Welcome to the forum mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Looks like your well on the way to making some nice stuff and have good read on the tried and true forum, also the recipe forum has some good ones too.

Cheers Bryan

Thanks Bryan, :text-thankyoublue:

I’ve got the ingredients for the BWKO lined up next.. After that ill be restocking with beers as fermentation is so easy to control over Winter.

Cheers,
TC.
TheCount

equipment: Brewing beer for over 30 years. Bought the Brewzilla for ease of use and how it can be converted into distilling mode easily.

Postby Wellsy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Welcome the count
BWKO was my first wash and was awesome. Don’t forget mate that the generations add a lot to this wash. The good news is it always fermented fast for me so you get great product pretty quickly :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby TheCount » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:10 pm

Wellsy wrote:Welcome the count
BWKO was my first wash and was awesome. Don’t forget mate that the generations add a lot to this wash. The good news is it always fermented fast for me so you get great product pretty quickly :)

Thanks Wellsy.

I need to get my head around keeping old ferments for future use, so more reading awaits!

Cheers,
TC.
TheCount

Postby Wellsy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Get a couple of fermenters so you can have more than one going at once.

I thin’ I got up to generation 10 before I stopped. Will start again soon as I need to build up some supplies again :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Professor Green » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Welcome to AD mate.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby The Stig » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Welcome, I had to actually do a double take on your username :laughing-rolling:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby TheCount » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:53 am

Professor Green wrote:Welcome to AD mate.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.

Thanks Prof.

TC.
TheCount

Postby TheCount » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 am

The Stig wrote:Welcome, I had to actually do a double take on your username :laughing-rolling:

Yeah, I get that a lot but I’ve had that name/avatar for 34 years now! Nothing beats being a stubborn old Count, eh?

TC.
TheCount

Postby howard » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:34 am

welcome.
is that an element or a sensor you have installed on the brewzilla?

doh, just noticed it's in the tap orrifice :smile:
so do you just interchange the tap for the sensor/heating for brewing and distilling?
(i have the same brewzilla)
howard

equipment: 35l brewzilla
2" modular CM
gin caddy
changeover element switch and voltage controller on brewzillas 1900w element.
5L glass boiler/glass leibig

Postby Wellsy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:33 pm

TheCount wrote:
The Stig wrote:Welcome, I had to actually do a double take on your username :laughing-rolling:

Yeah, I get that a lot but I’ve had that name/avatar for 34 years now! Nothing beats being a stubborn old Count, eh?

TC.

And here I was just thinking he is a huge Sesame Street fan :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby TheCount » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Wellsy wrote:
TheCount wrote:

TC.

And here I was just thinking he is a huge Sesame Street fan :laughing-rolling:

Give it time and I might have the chance to show you how “stunning” my writing can be... :music-deathmetal:

TC.
TheCount

Postby The Stig » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Your good at cunning stunts are you :dance:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby TheCount » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:59 pm

The Stig wrote:Your good at cunning stunts are you :dance:

Had a few in my time......... Shall we get back on point now? Perhaps I’ll share how I fixed the Brewzilla power control issue........

TC.
Last edited by TheCount on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCount

Return to Welcome Centre