Hello

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello

Postby JeremyF » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:40 pm

I've been reading and watching and reading some more. Decided it was time it take the plunge

I brew a half decent beer so the fermentation side is straight forward, against my better judgement I bought a cheap pot still and will deal with whatever problems that gives me until I can get around to building something.

Good clean, Vinegar run probably at the weekend, birdwatcher recipe in planning. Aim to eventually make gin and fuel for my Trangia... also have some bulk homemade wine that I think could do with improving. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Best price I can find for sugar around Melbourne is just under a $1/kg, do I need to look harder?

Looking forward to filling some jars. :greetings-waveyellow:
JeremyF

equipment: Beer brewer who's got some gin in mind and a DIY build

Re: Hello

Postby Wellsy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:19 pm

Welcome Jeremy
I buy the home brand sugar and it all seems to be around the dollar a kilo mark.
I have access to campbells a wholesaler but they only have branded stuff and even the 25 kg bag is still a little dearer then the home brand stuff.
I don’t have access to Costco but they may be cheaper but I recon you are in the right price bracket
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby TheCount » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:48 pm

Costco is the same $1/kg if bought as a 25kg bag.. The other size is 3kg and its slightly more than $3..

TC.
TheCount

equipment: Brewing beer for over 30 years. Bought the Brewzilla for ease of use and how it can be converted into distilling mode easily.

Postby The Stig » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:25 am

Woolies is $2.70 for a 3kg bag, that is 90 cents /kg
https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... hite-sugar
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby JeremyF » Sun May 02, 2021 7:29 am

Thanks All.
JeremyF