Howdy All

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Howdy All

Postby McMoonshineMatt » Sun May 02, 2021 11:57 am

Hi everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

Have been All Grain brewing for the last ten years but i still keep making too many trips to Dan Murphys for my spirits and liquors. So i took the plunge like i did when i first started All Grain, and now i feel like im back to first day ay School again.

I purchased a Turbo 500(copper) Kit and have just done my first wash using the still spirits production pack.

Am looking fwd to going down the vortex again and learning more on this craft.

Cheers to all

McMoonshineMatt
McMoonshineMatt

equipment: Turbo 500 Copper Column
Still Spirit Alembic Copper Dome and Condenser

Re: Howdy All

Postby Wellsy » Sun May 02, 2021 12:36 pm

Welcome Matt.
Having your head around all grain brewing will be an advantage.
I would suggest the still spirit road is a bit like the can of wort and add sugar road in brewing. It will produce an acceptable drink but to truely get a unique a special taste the none commercial option is the best road. Try a couple of the tried and true recipes when you are ready and you will save money and never look back mate.
Welcome to the schoolyard and watch out for bullies who want your lunch money lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Professor Green » Mon May 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Welcome McMoonshineMatt.

Have a read of this: So you bought a home brew shop still... and the threads linked within if you haven't already, it will help you get the best out of your T500.

I would recommend ditching the turbo products and having a go at one of the tried and proven washes for neutral spirits - TPW or WBAB are both excellent.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Birdman85 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:50 pm

Welcome MMM,

You've made the first step into your journey. Just like your all grain brewing, you'll learn something new every time you run a batch.

I started with the T500 too, like the other lads said, definitely avoid the home-brew wash products, you'll get a much better outcome with simple grocery store bought products. Simple TPW or WBAB washes. Cheap and effective.

Maybe let us what your favourite tipple is and we can help push you down that direction too.

Mitch
Birdman85

equipment: 50L keg boiler, home made modular 2" pot still and CCVM.

Turbo500 (birthday gift)

Postby McMoonshineMatt » Tue May 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Wellsy wrote:Welcome Matt.
Having your head around all grain brewing will be an advantage.
I would suggest the still spirit road is a bit like the can of wort and add sugar road in brewing. It will produce an acceptable drink but to truely get a unique a special taste the none commercial option is the best road. Try a couple of the tried and true recipes when you are ready and you will save money and never look back mate.
Welcome to the schoolyard and watch out for bullies who want your lunch money lol

Yeah Cheers Wellsy already appreciating the humour :text-lol: Will have a look at the recipes
McMoonshineMatt

Postby McMoonshineMatt » Tue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Professor Green wrote:Welcome McMoonshineMatt.

Have a read of this: So you bought a home brew shop still... and the threads linked within if you haven't already, it will help you get the best out of your T500.

I would recommend ditching the turbo products and having a go at one of the tried and proven washes for neutral spirits - TPW or WBAB are both excellent.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.

Thankyou Professor i will have a look
McMoonshineMatt

Postby McMoonshineMatt » Tue May 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Birdman85 wrote:Welcome MMM,

You've made the first step into your journey. Just like your all grain brewing, you'll learn something new every time you run a batch.

I started with the T500 too, like the other lads said, definitely avoid the home-brew wash products, you'll get a much better outcome with simple grocery store bought products. Simple TPW or WBAB washes. Cheap and effective.

Maybe let us what your favourite tipple is and we can help push you down that direction too.

Mitch

Thanks heaps Birdman. Really eppreciate the warm welcome and help on offer from you guys.
McMoonshineMatt

Return to Welcome Centre