Hello all

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello all

Postby stillman2021 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi All,

Been a lurker here for a bit soaking up as much as I can.
On a couple other forums also.

Got into stilling this year, got a basic t500 set up with a digiboil 35l boiler. Already thinking I should have gone bigger but all in good time.

I've had a bit of a play with it and have managed a basic "pot" still configuration as well as the standard reflux.

Did all my cleaning, vinegar, sac runs as discussed everywhere. Have since put through a turbo run (it was free and I wanted to see how bad it was, I'm not an expert but I didn't mind it hopefully I'll be able to know better soon.) I've also put 3 TPW, 3 TFFVs. I've stripped my first gen UJSSM and am fermenting my gen 2 now, will likely strip 3 gens then run the low wines through in a spirit run. I have an AG SCD crow fermenting on grain at the moment that I'm going to work out how they hell to strain this week to strip next weekend.

Have learned heaps (for me, I have only scratched the surface) Looking forward to learning and experimenting with you guys
stillman2021

equipment: T500 om a 35l digiboil boiler

Re: Hello all

Postby BigRig » Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Welcome to this friendly and informative forum.

You wont know how bad the turbo wash is until you have experienced any of the tried and proven recipes then go back to a turbo wash.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Re: Hello all

Postby Wellsy » Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am

Welcome stillman
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre