New to distilling, Hi All.

Say Hi and introduce yourself

New to distilling, Hi All.

Postby Sommy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi All ,
I am new to this hobby and have been studying through the forum which has great information. I have purchased a pure distilling still for my first still before looking on here but will upgrade in time when l learn more . Have run 1 batch and running another right now , both batches with the pure distilling yeast and dextrose ( l know frowned upon lol ) . My next wash will be the TPW. I really enjoy learning the hobby and look forward to progressing to better things down the track . Not entirely sure where to next with still upgrade and recipe's , so will keep my nose in the forum for inspiration. So that's where l am at , look forward to chatting with you guys .
Thanks .
Sommy

equipment: PURE DISTILLING REFLUX STILL / FSD 2 " POT STILL HEAD TO GO ON EXIXTING BOILER WITH ADAPTORS / MK 3 POWER CONTROLLER.

Re: New to distilling, Hi All.

Postby Wellsy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:33 pm

Welcome Sommy.

Those washes are not frowned upon as such mate, it is more about the cost of them for the result you can get. I would suggest the first question you need to answer is what do you want to produce. Once you know that you can then look at options available. There are options for all budgets as we all have different life pressures.
I would strongly recommend you give Andrew at 5 star a call and he can talk through options with you. They may be more than you are prepared to pay , you might also be pleasantly surprised. One thing I can promise you is you will get unbiased honest advice and absolutely n9 pressure should you decide on something else, or nothing at all.
There is a reason we all rave about him, he really is that reliable.

Good luck mate it is a great hobby and certainly helps us stay focused during lock down lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Nathan02 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Welcome mate, theres a few of us sunny coasters on here
Nathan02

equipment: 6" 4 plate bubbler with optional packed section.

Postby Sommy » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks Wellsy, l will be giving Andrew a call at some pint for sure , as you say , just need to work out what l would like to make .
At the moment l have only used essences ect and l don't mind the qld gold spiced rum . I need to get out there and try some good spirits to appreatite the flavour as l have only tried the mainstream spirits , their are some craft distilleries around my area where l can get a better idea. Not that their is anything wrong with the mainstream spirits
Sommy

equipment: PURE DISTILLING REFLUX STILL / FSD 2 " POT STILL HEAD TO GO ON EXIXTING BOILER WITH ADAPTORS / MK 3 POWER CONTROLLER.

Return to Welcome Centre