Un bonjour de Marseille

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Un bonjour de Marseille

Postby Chypre » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Hello to all,

I am a Marseillais who comes to discover this forum with a great pleasure. I am in my thirties and my initial hobby is brewing. Indeed, my father is Belgian so beer is part of our culture. I like to enjoy our good old waffles with beer.

I've recently become interested in distilling. It's still a new world for me. I look forward to your input on my initiation. I hope to get my project up and running in the next few weeks.
Chypre

equipment: Alambic (3 parts)

Re: Un bonjour de Marseille

Postby Wellsy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Welcome chypre
Lots of people on here with loads of experience who are happy to share mate.
Please remember we are all Australian and sometimes, just sometimes, Australian isn’t the same as English lol.
If we don’t understand what you mean just ask again mate until you get the answer you need
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby BlasphemousB » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:38 pm

Bienvenue!

Hopefully you've got some solid recipes from your time brewing. I've found much of the process is the same as with making beer and some would argue distilling is the easy part.

I've been reading a book "Alt Whiskeys" which has a bunch of Belgian Biers as a base for their whiskeys. I'm yet to try any yet but apparently some are award winning.
BlasphemousB

equipment: 3" 5 Plate Bubbler (glass and modular) on a 35L Brewzilla

Postby Professor Green » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:19 am

Welcome to AD Chypre.

What sort of spirits are you looking to make with your alembic?

We'd love to see some pictures of your still too.

Santé,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Chypre » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:18 pm

Chypre wrote:Hello to all,

I am a Marseillais who comes to discover this forum with a great pleasure. I am in my thirties and my initial hobby is brewing. Indeed, my father is Belgian so beer is part of our culture. I like to enjoy our good old waffles with beer.

I've recently become interested in distilling. It's still a new world for me. I look forward to your input on my initiation. I hope to get my project up and running in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your welcome.
Chypre

equipment: Alambic (3 parts)

Return to Welcome Centre