Tpw reflux still and filtering

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Tpw reflux still and filtering

Postby Jimbruzz86 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Hi peeps, first time making a wash, I decided to go with a tpw with a recipe off of this wonderful site, now my fermentation is pretty much at an end and I'm now wondering if I need to filter this wash or I can put it straight in my reflux still (it's a pure distilling one), I'm easy either way as I have a filter system set up that came with the still, I've read both that I don't need to filter it and that I do so I'm at a loss( would prefer to clean a filter then the still though)....cheers for any help legends
Jimbruzz86

equipment: Pure distilling relux 25litre

Re: Tpw reflux still and filtering

Postby Professor Green » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:31 pm

Welcome to AD.

No need to filter the wash all, just let it rest for a few days after it finishes fermenting to clear; it should end up a nice clear pinkish colour.
Transfer the pink clear liquid only to the boiler - leave the sludge at the bottom of the fermenter undisturbed.

Those filters are meant for spirits. Read up on cuts and you'll won't need to need to filter your spirit either. There's some great info here for HBS stills.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Re: Tpw reflux still and filtering

Postby Jimbruzz86 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:48 pm

Thanks mate, followed your advice and worked out well, this is definitely going to become my new obsession.
Jimbruzz86

equipment: Pure distilling relux 25litre

Return to Welcome Centre