Hi new distiller here

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi new distiller here

Postby slops5511 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi

I just got myself a brand new reflux (alcoengine) from kegland as a kit with a digiboil. So far I have done my vinegar run where i didnt rinse out all the vinegar properly lol some got left in the threads where the distiate runs out and i ended up with some bad smelling coroded copper all good at least copper is easy to clean up.

I also did my sacraficial run yesterday with a TPW i kept the first litre including foreshot as a solvent, i test lit some up in the firepit and it sure does burns well!

Anyhow I have a couple of questions on things i probably did wrong during my sacraficial run that I cant figure out. I will create a thread once my profile has been approved. I have 3 TPW that have started to slow down fermenting and the yeast is starting to clear out, i plan on doing a stripping run with 2 of these and then a final run so I have 2 stripping runs to figure out how to drive this still.
slops5511

equipment: kegland reflux and digiboil

Re: Hi new distiller here

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:55 pm

Welcome sloppy
Not sure what your questions was because I could not see it, I have been drinking my own product though lol.
With the sacrificial run that is exactly what it is, what you,produce is not to be kept, apart from firefighter of course
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Welcome Centre