Hello from Matt

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from Matt

Postby kaboomxyu » Wed May 03, 2023 5:25 pm

Hi, My names Matt. I've been watching Whiskey Tribe videos on youtube for a long time and enjoying where they see if certain things will ferment. One day while down the Youtube rabbit hole I saw a video on making your own Gin with the Airstill. This sparked my interest and I've spent the last month reading and watching HEAPS. I soon wanted the T500 to try my hand at but hate buying things that I might outgrow or not be able to upgrade. I then got onto the 2" Boka from FSD after reading a lot about the quality of the neutral spirits.

I really keen on making Gin but after watching a number of Rum and Whiskey videos I decided I needed a decent pot still as well. The 4" modular options seemed to kill 2 birds with one stone and give me plenty of options depending how far I want to take this hobby while also increasing output for a similar time invested. So I've gone from wanting the airstill to the FSD neutralizer with a 50L keg / milkcan option.

I'm excited to start and have read up a lot on the safety side of things. I just have to wait till funds allow for me to buy the gear I want. This forum has been one of the best resources for my reading and I'm grateful for everyones posts.
kaboomxyu

equipment: 50L milk can boiler. 5 x 4" bubble plates. 4" x 500mm packed section. Carter head. 2x3600w elements, Still Spirits Airstill

Re: Hello from Matt

Postby BigRig » Wed May 03, 2023 5:34 pm

kaboomxyu wrote:Hi, My names Matt. I've been watching Whiskey Tribe videos on youtube for a long time and enjoying where they see if certain things will ferment. One day while down the Youtube rabbit hole I saw a video on making your own Gin with the Airstill. This sparked my interest and I've spent the last month reading and watching HEAPS. I soon wanted the T500 to try my hand at but hate buying things that I might outgrow or not be able to upgrade. I then got onto the 2" Boka from FSD after reading a lot about the quality of the neutral spirits.

I really keen on making Gin but after watching a number of Rum and Whiskey videos I decided I needed a decent pot still as well. The 4" modular options seemed to kill 2 birds with one stone and give me plenty of options depending how far I want to take this hobby while also increasing output for a similar time invested. So I've gone from wanting the airstill to the FSD neutralizer with a 50L keg / milkcan option.

I'm excited to start and have read up a lot on the safety side of things. I just have to wait till funds allow for me to buy the gear I want. This forum has been one of the best resources for my reading and I'm grateful for everyones posts.

Welcome Matt. Plenty of good stuff, good gear and good people to speak with.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Return to Welcome Centre