Hello all

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello all

Postby Andrewb » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:32 am

Hi everyone. I am Andrew from Brisbane. I have wanted a still for a while, but thought I would start my research on what to buy here. Great site still trying to work out what I require and need. Only really want to make Canadian club whiskey at this stage.

Thanks

Andrew
Andrewb

equipment: Nothing yet

Re: Hello all

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:05 am

Welcome Andrew :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Eh mate take your time and have a real good read as there is a heap of good info on this site so you learn to start the right way :handgestures-thumbupleft: Now also have a look at the shop which will give you an idea on your budget then give The Stig a call or even go visit him mate as the chances are he may be just around the corner :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Many members have started small and worked their way up, now you have said you want to make a whisky then read about doing all grain mate, it aint hard to do and the results do speak for themselves :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:15 pm

Welcome Andrew
Knowing what you want to produce is half the battle mate. For whisky, bourbon and rums you will need a pot still.
As Bryan said give the Stig a call at 5star he always gives honest advice and suggestions, whether you buy or not is absolutely up to you.
That is exactly where I started and I am so pleased I took his advice, as well as the advice of many others on here who were happy to share their experiences
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:15 pm

G’Day Andrewb
There Rae 2 ways to make what your chasing.
1 requires a pot still and a lot of time the other is the cheating way , make neutral spirit and add flavorings (cordials)
A lot of us started making neutral and adding cordials and many still follow this path and that’s fine.
But a lot of us chased “more” and end up going down this crazy rabbit hole.
Feel free to give me a call , we have stills for all your needs and budgets.
As Ruddy said , we are in Capalaba and have a display of various setups .
The big thing is , never forget to have fun and you can go as far as you want with this hobby.
Cheers
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Andrewb » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:42 pm

Thanks for the information guys . It is very helpful.

I will read through the forums posts and give Andrew a call.
Andrewb

equipment: Nothing yet

Return to Welcome Centre