Welcome Centre

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Welcome Centre

Postby richardr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am

I would like to "Hi" and introduce myself. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and enjoying the posts. Came from a long time, all grain beer background into distilling about three years ago have been viewing "Home Distiller" from the start of my distilling experience and only found Aussie Distiller a few weeks ago, and I must say it is very good site with plenty of information and help for all us novices, and good to have a lot of Australian input.
I am an older person recently moved to the Queensland Gold Coast and have had to change my distilling practices because I now do not have the space I had in my previous residence. I use a 30 litre electric boiler with a "Fusilex" head and a electric keg boiler with a shorter than I would like 50mm, boka style LM/VM column, will extend the column by 400mm when I can. I handed in my driving licence which I had held for sixty because of failing eyesight caused by Glaucoma and now use a mobility scooter which restricts my travel some what, but what the heck, still on the planet and enjoying life.
Best wishes to all for Christmas and New Year and many thanks to the members and moderators for a very good site,, keep up the good work.

richardr
richardr

equipment: 1200mm.. SS packed copper LM/VM combo,,, 50l electric heated boiler and a Fusilex with30l SS electric boiler

Re: Welcome Centre

Postby stubbydrainer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:54 pm

:text-welcomewave: Richard,
I'm sure some of the beer guy's would love to tap into your wealth of knowledge and experience mate, so be careful :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby The Stig » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

http://www.smugglers.net.au/index.php?p=1_55
Look's a lot like a Still Spirits super reflux ?
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby maheel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:33 pm

hey richardr

good to have you here, don't get done for DD or running shine on the scooter :) we dont need to see you on the news !!
maheel

Postby devotus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:01 pm

G'day Richard.
devotus

equipment: copper alembic pot still
+
1.5 inch VM column

Postby Kimbo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 am

Welcome Richard,
great to have a man of your experience here ;)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Jimmy1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:45 am

G'day Richard,
Welcome to the site :D
stubbydrainer wrote::text-
I'm sure some of the beer guy's would love to tap into your wealth of knowledge and experience mate, so be careful :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Stubbs is right, I love beer :laughing-rolling:
Jimmy1

equipment: 2" Ultra Pure still ... Like a Boka just expensive
25l electric Boiler
2" Mcstill Pot + parrot
50L keg with 4 ring burner

Return to Welcome Centre