Master Brewer Keg System

Discussions about beer and wine making.

Master Brewer Keg System

Postby 1 2many » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:03 pm

I love brewing beer but hate washing stacks and stacks of bottles so i went down the corney keg path that was ok bar a few leaks here and there . Any way i am keeping the corny's for ageing my spirit . Its that time of year where a brew goes down real nice so i was thinking of doing a couple of brews but with no intention of bottling stacks of bottles. Brewcraft have come up with a 5 liter keg for the fridge that looks ok but runs of silly 8 gm co2 bulbs that can hardly be purchased online.

I recon i would give these ago but for the gas issue , and you would need 4 bottles (that i could handle filling) but system only comes with 2 , wonder how much extra bottles are?

They must be subsidised from the co2 supplies why not just make a connection for a soda stream co2 cylinder , i bet the 8gm cylinders won't be cheap.

check it out.
http://www.liquorcraft.com.au/afawcs013 ... tails.html
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Re: Master Brewer Keg System

Postby res » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Very interesting,cool little system but not cheep. :doh:
I'm about to get some beer brewing together, the bottles are pretty fiddly but not so bad and there free. :handgestures-thumbupleft: I plan on using the bottling bucket technique so I don't have to mess around dosing each bottle. I've seen a few different little keg systems for sale at DM I wonder if you could crack em open after use for refilling. :think: Must be a way, I'll have a closer look next time I'm in. :dance:
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Postby Linny » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:27 pm

theres the soda stream adapter ,,, that hooks up to a corney keg.... you can bulk prime the keg for carbonation and use the soda stream gas bottle for pouring pressure and lasts twice as long ... just an idea if you already have the kegs and you can swap the soda strean bottles at harvey norman and big w i think. probably get about 4-5 kegs worth out of one bottle
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Postby 1 2many » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Linny wrote:theres the soda stream adapter ,,, that hooks up to a corney keg.... you can bulk prime the keg for carbonation and use the soda stream gas bottle for pouring pressure and lasts twice as long ... just an idea if you already have the kegs and you can swap the soda strean bottles at harvey norman and big w i think. probably get about 4-5 kegs worth out of one bottle

I have a full size Co2 bottle but don't have the room for a beer fridge and co2 tanks, there in the shed. i just want somthing compact that will fit in the family fridge and be able to dispence a resonable amount of beer. Basicaly all this device is a larger soda stream .

Might have to look at customising a fitting to suit :D

they where only released yesterday so will wait for some feedback on how they go.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby res » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

res

5lt copper pot still

Postby Konzo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm

They all look like good options to me :-)
Konzo

equipment: 6" Plated Mac Still on 200L "Mr Squiggle" Boiler :-)

Postby Bushy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm runnin kegs. Every time they send me a bill i swear and carry on about the rental. But, it's less than five bucks a week. Must remind myself next time the bill turns up. Divide it by fifty two tight arse :-D
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby res » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Or you could go the whole hog here
http://minikeg.net.au/new-products.php?temp=8
When I get a batch up I'll try a refilled bottle shop number and just keg condition it. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Pretty cool idea if you 4 that's a normal size batch done in no time. :dance:
res

5lt copper pot still

Postby 1 2many » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks res some good options but its the small Co2 cartridges that i can't handle to much expense i will try and figure a way to get an adaptor made up for soda steam bottles that i have aleady. And they can be refilled. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Google it I have seen adapters of the shelf
Or try home brew shops
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby 1 2many » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Aussiedownunder01 wrote:Google it I have seen adapters of the shelf
Or try home brew shops

Aussie i am aware of the connections for soda stream that can be got off ebay but what i want to do is make an adaptor to go into the Master Brewer Keg sytem so i don't have to use those bloody Co2 bulbs.

Should of explained myself better. :shifty:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:47 pm

That's ok its my fault for not reading the whole post
I recon for that money you would be better off buying one of those 9 litre korny kegs and the associated hardwere
then use soda stream
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby res » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:10 pm

I watched a whole bunch of vids using them 5lt kegs after I posted, and I remember one of them had a handle you could plug a regular gas bottle into. It's feeding time at the zoo at the moment. I'll try and find it in a couple of hours. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
res

5lt copper pot still

Postby res » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 pm

It actually looks kinda fiddly in the cold light of day. 8-}
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US4b25hUG3I
res

5lt copper pot still

Postby ticknaylor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 pm

does it come with Lionel Ritchie :laughing-rolling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK9419Oicp0
ticknaylor

Postby Smbjk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Bushy wrote:I'm runnin kegs. Every time they send me a bill i swear and carry on about the rental. But, it's less than five bucks a week. Must remind myself next time the bill turns up. Divide it by fifty two tight arse :-D

I have a mate who tests and tags fire extinguishers. He grabbed me a few co2 extinguishers. .. instant keg gas :D providing you remove the nozel and zip tie the handle down when using all good :D
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Postby Sam. » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:02 am

Smbjk wrote:
Bushy wrote:I'm runnin kegs. Every time they send me a bill i swear and carry on about the rental. But, it's less than five bucks a week. Must remind myself next time the bill turns up. Divide it by fifty two tight arse :-D

I have a mate who tests and tags fire extinguishers. He grabbed me a few co2 extinguishers. .. instant keg gas :D providing you remove the nozel and zip tie the handle down when using all good :D

Fire extinguishers have a little pin in them that breaks quite easy so be very gentle with the handle. I had one with the handle tied down and when I went to get it refilled the pin had snapped. :handgestures-thumbdown:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Smbjk » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:21 am

sam_and_liv wrote:
Smbjk wrote:

Fire extinguishers have a little pin in them that breaks quite easy so be very gentle with the handle. I had one with the handle tied down and when I went to get it refilled the pin had snapped. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Yeah I know you have to be careful but in my case I just have to ask for another :D free gas for me :handgestures-thumbupleft: 1 cylinder lasts a year anyway :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Postby res » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am

Smbjk wrote:

That's a very interesting idea, :think: Is all co2 created equal, that is to say safe for human consumption not (food grade and other)? Any way smooth moves. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
res

5lt copper pot still

Postby Bushy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:27 pm

The bottle I got is food grade. "Food Fresh" from BOC. I used to score welding grade co2 bottles and never got a guts ache or anything
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Next

Return to Beer & Wine