SS Beer Canisters

Discussions about beer and wine making.

SS Beer Canisters

Postby rumby » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

A bloke gave me 3 SS beer cansiter (if that is the right word) the other month. They have "property of the worlds biggest softdrink producer" wriiten on them. I think they might be 5-10litres. I spoke to old mate at the HBS shop about how much it cost to set up gas, tap, temprite etc. Fuck me.

Anyone give me a few pointers whether I should set them up, I have been drinkn fuck all beer (rum, possibly winter, or playing with the still all the time, but summer is a differnt story.)

I love beer on tap, and I can piss all that bottle cleaning, capping, etc off.

5Star, this is how your homebrew beer, set up is?
rumby

equipment: CC reflux still

Re: SS Beer Canisters

Postby maheel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 pm

you will need
a gas bottle CO2 (you can natural carb them) but still need gas to pour them (to push out the beer)
the gas bottle could be a CO2 fire extinguisher or maybe a soda stream bottle (with adaptor) or hire one or buy one at the LHBS
a Co2 reg
beer line
gas line
beer and gas disconnects
beer tap (cheapest is a bronco tap)
fridge of some sort to put them in

beer to fill them....

well if you end up not wanting them.....i would be interested....

let us know

ignore the cola sticker they dont use them any more and are mostly shipped in from OS now to home brewers
maheel

Postby torry73 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:45 pm

If you don't use it for beer you could always store your rum in it with some oak.
torry73

equipment: 2" DR Boka- reflux/pot combo
1.5" reflux cm
2" pot still
50 litre boiler on gas

Postby R-sole » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 am

If you drink lots of beer you will never regret the move to kegging.

Measure the volume by filling with a 9l bucket or a litre jug with water. Most of the tall ones are 19l.

The shorties are 9l.

There's a few cheaper ways to get into kegging. But however you choose, i've only ever heard of one bloke in my life who went back to bottling. :lol:

kegfridge1.jpg

kegfridge2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Return to Beer & Wine