Plan to move to a keg

Discussions about beer and wine making.

Re: Plan to move to a keg

Postby R-sole » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 pm

The new one i bought has a controller built in. I'm mapping it atm and will map a week next week too with it running on the fridgemate.

Neat little usb mappers the fridgies have.

kegtaps1.jpg

kegtaps2.jpg

I'll show a pic of the mapper later, the camera is on charge.

I have 5 other tap handles to swap out and save me labelling the beer.

ATM there's a Rye ale under the rye ale tap (brewing more tommorow) , an aussie lager under the wicked summer beer tap, a jsgolden ale under the golden ale tap and a brown porter (black as) to be kegged tommorow to go under the black winter ale tap. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby Frank » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey 5Star
(not only because its getting to be pretty sweaty weather nowdays but :drool: ), I really like the idea of your varietal tap/beer setup. I used to do progressive drinking occasions with friends using K&K bottled brews (eg. wheat or ginger 'through' to porter/stout etc) and it was always 'fun' :dance: .

This setup of yours however seems to be the ducks nuts :clap: .
Question.....do you keep an idea of how much is gone/left for each keg and/or how often do you end up constantly drinking the 'less favourite' one so there's a decent rotation etc??? (and, if your answer is you let others assist then be warned :laughing-rolling:).
Frank

Postby R-sole » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:35 am

I do double and triple batches.

Still is a sad moment when a keg blows though.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Previous

Return to Beer & Wine