4" bubbler power: flavour and neutral

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

4" bubbler power: flavour and neutral

Postby WTDist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Ill soon be running (but not soon enough) a 4" bubbler with single 2" caps on 2.4kW (2 for heat up) so i guess i can expect somewhere between 2 to 2.5l/h.

Im wondering with low wines on a neutral/vodka run what power would be best with the 2.4kW element. Do i use my controller to lower the power a bit or do i just use more water in the RC to slow output for a clean neutral and keep it going with the whole 2.4kW with a boiler ABV of 40%. Ive noticed on a reflux still i need to lower power on low wines.

Just trying to work out if the controller is needed for neutral runs or not. Would like to be able to do both flavour and neutral with no controller, just the RC.

Cheers
WTD
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Re: 4" bubbler power: flavour and neutral

Postby Bushy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:48 pm

Either either. You do have a fair bit of grunt there but. I run a 3600 without a controller and a 500 copper packed section cleans it up real well. Rum and tpw low wines mainly.
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby TasSpirits » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:52 pm

I use a power controller and RC in the summer and RC only in the winter, 4hr spirit run yesterday and my cooling water was at 9' I guess it depends on your ambient and cooling water temps. 4800 for heat up then drop back to 2400.
TasSpirits

equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

Postby WTDist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Cool thanks guys. thought i might need it just a tad. Hoping the 9 tube RC at 150mm has some grunt to knock back vapor with less effort
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Return to Plated Column Stills