Postby The Stig » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:19 pm

Leaky seals maybe
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Re: How Does Your Still Run

Postby RC Al » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:34 pm

As even a potty can manage 70-80% off a 5% wash, i think this leaves one thing, an internally leaking product condenser :shock: Pull it off and pressure test it with your garden hose x_x
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby Lowie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:47 pm

RC Al wrote:As even a potty can manage 70-80% off a 5% wash, i think this leaves one thing, an internally leaking product condenser :shock: Pull it off and pressure test it with your garden hose x_x

hadn't thought of that. cheers.
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:08 pm

G'Day Lowie,
Mate if you aint got it worked out I'm happy to call around tomorrow after work so we can nut it out, and anyway it would be nice to meet you mate too :handgestures-thumbupleft:

so just sing out if you need a hand.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still also a 1-1/2" pot still and bubbler build happening

Postby Lowie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:G'Day Lowie,
Mate if you aint got it worked out I'm happy to call around tomorrow after work so we can nut it out, and anyway it would be nice to meet you mate too :handgestures-thumbupleft:

so just sing out if you need a hand.

Cheers Bryan

Appreciate the offer mate. I've pressurised the PC as Al suggested and found two pin prick size holes; one where the end plate is soldered into the tube and one at the fitting end. I suspect the former may be a problem but hardly "epic". I also changed all the seals again today and the column is currently filling up with water so I'll leave that overnight. Are you working in the city/suburbs atm?
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 pm

G'Day Lowie,
I'm working at Wingfield and finish at 4pm

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still also a 1-1/2" pot still and bubbler build happening

Previous

Return to Plated Column Stills