Downcomer Ideas / Plate Design

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: Downcomer Ideas / Plate Design

Postby Gas on » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:40 am

Modernity wrote:You have got to love a centre downcomer for the clean look. I had not thought of using threaded booker rod to hold mine and at the same time use less solder joints. :think: :think:
And Gas On this is looking very Espresso Machine to me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
BTW: I have not fallen off the path to spirit (al) enlightenment just work away at the rig in the (little) time that I have.

Mod, Thats one hell of project you've taken on there i hope it all comes together for you soon. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

LWTCS wrote:+1 EG.
The scale is too small Imo. And unless this design just does not function at all due To,,,,who knows what,,,,,it seems likely better than what is currently the norm.
And it absolutely has some of the coolest cool factor.
WineGlass wrote:Yeah, its Fonzy all over.

Those vids of plates with die running through them are for a full size petrochemical still. Where big business has cash for research.
Scale that down to 4" and put a different chemical in it (ethonol) and thats where we are. You cant scale nature.

Anyway, I think gas on's weldless downcomer deserves :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: and one for the ac/dc tin :banana-stoner:

There is a dab of solder on each of the spider legs but you could probably just jam em into the cap anyway
Cheers for the info & praise fellas much appreciated as i hadnt even thought about bubblers until a week or so ago.
There could be a little bit more cool factor to come yet we'll have to wait n see. :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:
That ACDC tin has my much enjoyed Champion Ruby!! :)) :))
The still is Macs beast
Gas on

equipment: baked beans & rum

arfa 5 star bubbler

Previous

Return to Plated Column Stills