Bulk buy DAP

Yeast talk, turbo, bakers and specialised strains

Bulk buy DAP

Postby Br00ksy » Mon May 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Not sure if this is in the right topic area but id like to know where you all get your DAP in bulk.
After doing some reading about how bad urea can be for forming a cancerous compound when distilled I will be yeeting the rum wash I just did onto the turf.

Fleabay the best place?

Looking to get 1kg or 2kg just have it handy and not worry about running out and paying high prices for a pissy little 30g crack dealer bags worth at a brew shop.
Br00ksy
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:36 am
Location: Airlie Beach
equipment: "Foresight" Mac 4 SSG 50lt Keg boiler 2x 2400W elements
T500 with a basic pot still head

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby howard » Mon May 24, 2021 2:44 pm

i just looked at my ebay last year - i paid $5.96 aud for 100gms
hbs shop has it for $9.95 for 500gm
another hbs is $9.95 for 450gm
beermart $9.95 for 1kg

so fleabay isn't always the cheapest.
and 1 kg would last me so long, there would probably be some left to sprinkle on my grave
howard
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:53 am
Location: perth
equipment: 35l brewzilla
2" modular CM
carteresque head(gin caddy)
changeover cam switch and voltage controller on brewzillas 1900w element.

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Br00ksy » Mon May 24, 2021 3:34 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Thanks mate
Br00ksy
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:36 am
Location: Airlie Beach
equipment: "Foresight" Mac 4 SSG 50lt Keg boiler 2x 2400W elements
T500 with a basic pot still head

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby The Stig » Mon May 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Never used the stuff myself :laughing-rolling:
The Stig
Site Nerd
 
Posts: 9966
Images: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 am
equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Amberale » Mon May 24, 2021 6:28 pm

I buy it in 1000kg bulka bags but.....
I paid about $10 for 500 grams from the HBS for my FFVW.
Enough for decades.
Amberale
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 pm
Location: Bacchus Marsh(ish)
equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby The Stig » Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Amberale wrote:I buy it in 1000kg bulka bags but.....
I paid about $10 for 500 grams from the HBS for my FFVW.
Enough for decades.

Maybe start a group buy and sell some of your tons .
Might make a little beer money
The Stig
Site Nerd
 
Posts: 9966
Images: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 am
equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Amberale » Tue May 25, 2021 9:38 am

The Stig wrote:
Amberale wrote:I buy it in 1000kg bulka bags but.....
I paid about $10 for 500 grams from the HBS for my FFVW.
Enough for decades.

Maybe start a group buy and sell some of your tons .
Might make a little beer money



I don’t know if the money made would cover the potential lawsuits. :hand:
Amberale
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 pm
Location: Bacchus Marsh(ish)
equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Teddysad » Tue May 25, 2021 9:51 am

Make sure it is food grade rather than agrocultural fert grade https://www.anpros.com.au/wine-making-p ... phate-dap/
Teddysad
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm
Location: Canterbury NZ
equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Amberale » Tue May 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Teddysad wrote:Make sure it is food grade rather than agrocultural fert grade https://www.anpros.com.au/wine-making-p ... phate-dap/

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Amberale
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 pm
Location: Bacchus Marsh(ish)
equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Wellsy » Tue May 25, 2021 3:10 pm

Well the stuff you get amber feeds the grass, and cows eat grass, and we eat cows so it must be food safe.

Did I mention I have just joined a Facebook group :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy
Site Donor
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:48 am
Location: Victoria
equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby BigRig » Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Br00ksy wrote:Not sure if this is in the right topic area but id like to know where you all get your DAP in bulk.
After doing some reading about how bad urea can be for forming a cancerous compound when distilled I will be yeeting the rum wash I just did onto the turf.

Fleabay the best place?

Looking to get 1kg or 2kg just have it handy and not worry about running out and paying high prices for a pissy little 30g crack dealer bags worth at a brew shop.


What were you reading and where were you reading it ?

What was in the rum wash that made it that bad you wanted to throw it straight away ? Where did you get the recipe ?
BigRig
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Amberale » Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Hey, I am a vegetarian.
I mean, I eat things that eat vegetables.
That counts doesn't it?
:O)
Amberale
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 pm
Location: Bacchus Marsh(ish)
equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Br00ksy » Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm

BigRig wrote:
Br00ksy wrote:Not sure if this is in the right topic area but id like to know where you all get your DAP in bulk.
After doing some reading about how bad urea can be for forming a cancerous compound when distilled I will be yeeting the rum wash I just did onto the turf.

Fleabay the best place?

Looking to get 1kg or 2kg just have it handy and not worry about running out and paying high prices for a pissy little 30g crack dealer bags worth at a brew shop.


What were you reading and where were you reading it ?

What was in the rum wash that made it that bad you wanted to throw it straight away ? Where did you get the recipe ?



The alcohol textbook 4th ed.
Page 90

Maybe we should recommend against urea use as a community? :think:
Screenshot_20210528-142313_Samsung Notes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Br00ksy
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:36 am
Location: Airlie Beach
equipment: "Foresight" Mac 4 SSG 50lt Keg boiler 2x 2400W elements
T500 with a basic pot still head

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby BigRig » Fri May 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks for the article.

What recipe were you doing ? Were u using fertiliser ?
BigRig
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby Br00ksy » Sat May 29, 2021 8:59 pm

I was using the yeast bomb recipe with vit b and used urea instead of DAP for nitrogen content because DAP was very expensive at my homebrew store... ($10 for 100g)
Found a seller on fleabay that had 4.6kg bag for $50
I wont be running out of DAP anytime soon :))
Br00ksy
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:36 am
Location: Airlie Beach
equipment: "Foresight" Mac 4 SSG 50lt Keg boiler 2x 2400W elements
T500 with a basic pot still head

Re: Bulk buy DAP

Postby The Stig » Sun May 30, 2021 9:44 am

There’s a reason it was made illegal in turbos a few years ago
The Stig
Site Nerd
 
Posts: 9966
Images: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 am
equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy


Return to Yeast



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

x