Boiler banter

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Boiler banter

Postby res » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:32 am

So I had my eye on this sweet little keg for my boiler (it was the short kind), but alas the deal has gone pear shaped and now I have only a tall one available. My plan is to flip it upside down and attach a 4" ferrule for the column, the issue now is will I be able to fit another 4" for the fill port? I'm not doing the work myself and will buy the ferrules with my still. I'll eyeball the size tomorrow but I think there's room but I don't know how much space is needed around them and also for the welder to work in. :think:
Anybody stuck two 4" numbers on the tall kind of keg?
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Re: Boiler banter

Postby MacStill » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:35 am

Yes it can be done mate, I have a mates boiler here from the same kegs that is set up as your wanting & I'll get pics later today if you want :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby res » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 am

MacStill wrote:Yes it can be done mate, I have a mates boiler here from the same kegs that is set up as your wanting & I'll get pics later today if you want :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers mate, pics are always good. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
res

5lt copper pot still

Postby newbiboozer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Have a look at my build pics mate I have a 4" fill and 4" fitting on a my boiler. You just have to run the fill one over the edge a bit.
newbiboozer

equipment: 4" modular plated column in very early stages.

Postby res » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:44 pm

newbiboozer wrote:Have a look at my build pics mate I have a 4" fill and 4" fitting on a my boiler. You just have to run the fill one over the edge a bit.

I did check out your build, very nice! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Thought it looked like a tallie, but I wanted to be sure. Cheers

The next issue is the element guards, I'll get a couple of weldless numbers probably from Mac when I get my still but will still need to figure something out for the guards. I think Linny is on the right track with his epic mash tun build, do you lads think this setup will work for a boiler? I have a sparky connection so I most likely survive. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
res

5lt copper pot still

Return to Boilers & burners.