Boiler Questions

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Boiler Questions

Postby Dyno » Mon May 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi guys....I have a few questions regarding the strength of a T500 boiler lid and if anyone thinks / knows if its capable of supporting a 900mm Leiberg Condenser.The upright is 500mm 2" with the 900m (which I think is half into three quarter) condenser. What I have got is a bare keg, which needs to be converted but thought in the mean time, while that is getting done i could get the adapter from FSD, throw it on and be semi functional while the other work is being done?
Would it stress / buckle the lid, be a tip over waiting to happen ? Pure novice at pot stilling so all advice taken on board. Would it strip alright ? I was going to get a controller for it but have changed plans as this kit came up locally. Or am I just pissing in the wind and being impatient ? Thanks chaps.
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Re: Boiler Questions

Postby rumdidlydum » Mon May 11, 2015 1:19 pm

I did it and it works fine. I put legs to the lid so if it does tend to lean its supported. But if you make them too long the column wont seal :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Also keep the liberg angle as vertical as possible and you will be sussed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Re: Boiler Questions

Postby Dyno » Mon May 11, 2015 1:34 pm

rumdidlydum wrote:I did it and it works fine. I put legs to the lid so if it does tend to lean its supported. But if you make them too long the column wont seal :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Also keep the liberg angle as vertical as possible and you will be sussed

Sweet...thanks mate. Ill grab some fittings and have a play round with it.
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Return to Boilers & burners.