Fruit mash

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Fruit mash

Postby Aussiecopperheadroad » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:18 am

My next door neighbors mulberry tree is overloaded with fruit this year and i was thinking of making a mulberry mash then filter out the fermented fruit and run the mash threw my T500 has anybody else experimented in doing this? How much sugar would i use per kilo of fruit ? Thanks
Aussiecopperheadroad

equipment: Still spirits T500 copper condenser

Re: Fruit mash

Postby Professor Green » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:04 am

Hi Aussiecopperheadroad,

There's no real point in running a fruit mash through a T500 as it will strip out any fruit flavour that you might be looking for.

Also, please pop into the Welcome Center and introduce yourself :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:31 am

What you could do with mulberry is either make mulberry wine or process the mulberry to flavour a drink with some alcohol added and even carbonate like an alcopop.
Mulberry makes good wine and could add alcohol to that also. as the last one i tried was sweet wine.
wynnum1

Postby flashly79 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:52 pm

I'm about to do the same thing. I have a mulberry tree overloaded and falling so thought I'd give it a try. I'll try to post what I do and how it turns out and hopefully you can do the same thing.
flashly79

equipment: Was supposed to be the "Black Maximus" from Country Brewer @ Maitland but it's a copper condenser so not sure if it is called something else or mot.

Return to Fruit & Vegies