Fruit Press

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Re: Fruit Press

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:27 pm

thats what makes you the professional Byan.

I was suffering from acute exhaustipation ( that is where you are just too tired to give a shit ) the other night when racking off my angel yeast wash. No energy to do the lift the bag squeeze it routine, but I did not want to waste the juices still tired up in the grains. So i tipped in 40 litres of hot water with 7kg of sugar mixed in added yeast and am hoping to get some lovely flavours out of this. BWKO has become my go to drink so I figure at worse it will be comparable to that.

Some days are just made for taking short cuts
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:40 pm

Wellsy wrote:thats what makes you the professional Byan.

I was suffering from acute exhaustipation

Some days are just made for taking short cuts

First mate you can spell my name right :violence-smack: :violence-smack: :violence-smack:

Now with this angel yeast trial I'm going with 4 plates for a good reason, every 2 litre cut jar equals 4 litres in the boiler so I only need 10 or 12 of them to do a final spirit run and the time taken to do the ferments and runs should go smack on with my waxp shares :teasing-neener:

Taking short cuts is the way to being a turbo lover :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:

Now mate time to grow a pair and do things the rightway
:handgestures-thumbupleft:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:33 pm

I am way too old to grow anything these days mate.

As for poor spelling you get that with these new fangle internet machines and sending messages after the yard arm has been crossed
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:44 pm

G'Day Guy's,
As I have done some updates to this project may aswell bring out from the past :laughing-rolling:

I did use it once and found without a base to this press it does need one, so more time went buy as working a 6 day week doesn't leave much shed time. Found some 8mm perforated sheet so put that on the base and hammered it around and secured it 4 off S.S nuts and bolts. Found a couple of 100mm gal RHS to use as feet so now just to make a table frame for it and put some wheels on so it can move around and having it elevated the drain can be connected to my magnet pump so the fluid can back into the racking fermenter.

Pic's well they can happen this weekend as there is no real hurry to get this project finished as I won't need until I do that barely/rye ferment :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan

P.S. just bumping this thread up so I won't have to page after page finding this thread :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby hjubm2 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:04 pm

Well can you hurry up & finish this, I need to steal it to process the about 300kg of apples I'm trying to get for apple brandy this year :laughing-rolling:
hjubm2

equipment: 130L Jacketed Boiler w 4" Pot Still, 4" Glass Bubbler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:32 pm

hjubm2 wrote:Well can you hurry up & finish this, I need to steal it to process the about 300kg of apples I'm trying to get for apple brandy this year :laughing-rolling:

No worries mate now I reckon 50/50 on that apple would be the right price for rental :laughing-rolling:
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:23 pm

Ok had go up and get some longnecks as ice without beer just isn't right :laughing-rolling:

winepress.jpg

Now here is a look at that bottom plate I put in

20230317_192730.jpg

Now in that first pic pic we can see the tub to collect all the wash that is squeezed out, with the trolley table I'll put some wood around the base and with the drain going in the centre I can pull it down and secure it so when in operation it's quick draining :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I'm now thinking of getting rid of the screw wind and just use compressed air as I do have a cylinder here for the task just need to make a new mount for it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby B-Man » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:27 pm

Looks great @ruddy

I need to make a scratter and press but I don't know where I will find the time or the materials!
B-Man

equipment: keg 4" Bubbler

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegies