The G Dropper Discussion

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Re: The G Dropper Discussion

Postby orcy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Woodsy71 wrote:OK, it's Strawberry season and I can pick up a metric fucktonne of strawbs for bugger all :teasing-tease:

My question to fellow members is, having smashed the G Dropper for the last few seasons, does anyone have any other booze related recipes for strawberries?

I'd love to hear them

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

One would imagine you could design a strawberry brandy with a little effort. Might be delicious.
orcy

equipment: Old style T500 style still. honestly, I dont even remember who made it anymore
4 inch soon to be modular pot.

Postby Sam. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 pm

If you have access to that many maybe a wine press to buy/hire might be in order and make a wine from it to distill :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby tipsy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:27 am

Woodsy71 wrote:does anyone have any other booze related recipes for strawberries?

I'd love to hear them

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Do you make beer Woodsy?
You could make a wheat, or even better a lambic and rack onto strawberries.
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby EziTasting » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 am

my wife blends them up and adds them to sugar then mixes them with our neutral for a Daiquiri ...
roughly 2 punnets of Strawberries to 0.5 cups of sugar and then 700ml of neutral. but you can make it sweeter if you like ... we've gone off sugar... need it for making cakes and , you know, other liquids type of stuff :laughing-rolling:
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby bluc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Brazillian cherries gdropper. These little fellas
https://www.daleysfruit.com.au/fruit%20pages/brazcherry.htm
500ml of fruit 700ml neutral
Resized_20181214_181236.jpeg

Noy bad quite sweet a little bitter up front but smooths away to a cherryish after flavour. I added two shots of simple syrup, next time will do the sugar trick :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby bluc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Maritsio2016 wrote:being new to distilling I've used my first batch of tpw through the air still did strawberry, cherry, and kiwifruit. after 4 days they are spectacular and OMG the kiwi fruit is absolutely off tap!!

I suspect this is a dumb question but did you skin the kiwi's :-B
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby dom187 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:36 pm

I need to make a strawberry schnapps. is this basically the same? ive never drank schnapps so I don't really know.

either way ill give this a go, just don't wont to buy HBS stuff if I can help it, Cheers legends
dom187

equipment: S/S T500
FSD 50L milk can and FSD 4" modular pot

Postby LikkerSheWillLoveIt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:52 am

I’m trying this with Raspberries, Home grown mulberries and home grown cherry tomatoes (Bloody Mary Vodka)
LikkerSheWillLoveIt

equipment: Home made 50L keg boiler. PID controlled. Stainless Column dual valved reflux still.

Postby Carol » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Likker
I habe been playing with fruit infusions for a while.
The basic formula I use now is 500g frozen berries, 700 ml neutral (40%) and instead of sugar I add 750ml sweetish wine. Wine adds sweetness and complexity and alcohol content is reduced. I use the same formula for fruit gins.
Not sure of the effect of reduced alcohol on panties dropping. Some of my taste testers are ladies of mature years and I doubt very much that they would tell me the status of their underwear after a few drinks!
Experiment began when I got a lot of free white wine when I ordered some red online for my hubby when Covid started. It was sweeter than I prefer to drink but has worked really well with the fruit infusions.
I think I read that freezing the fruit first helps with the infusion ( something to do with breaking down the cells walls but don't quote me on that).

Cheers
Carol
Carol
Mentor

equipment: Still Spirits Air Still
FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)
FSD 2" pot still ( aka Natasha)

Postby LikkerSheWillLoveIt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 am

Raspberry G Dropper
Lemonade
Raspberry Zooper Dooper

I call it a Super Dooper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LikkerSheWillLoveIt

equipment: Home made 50L keg boiler. PID controlled. Stainless Column dual valved reflux still.

Postby Tallone » Fri May 14, 2021 9:04 pm

What about if you dehydrate the fruit before hand , :think: then add to neutral. I'll give it a go and give you what happens... :think:
Tallone

equipment: Brewzilla. Reflux and pot still from Kegland.

Postby Sam. » Fri May 14, 2021 11:38 pm

Tallone wrote:What about if you dehydrate the fruit before hand , :think: then add to neutral. I'll give it a go and give you what happens... :think:

So you want to take all the flavour out before trying to pull back out? Seems like a bad idea to me
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Gary » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:32 am

Ciao from a newbie in Italy. Just getting into the possibilities with this (is it a hobby???). Found this recipe and decided to have a go using my first home produced alcohol (using the TPW recipe, what else :-D ) and some home grown raspberries. Super simple and versatile, Mrs. G is also happy - but I won't tell you how happy, there are limits!! A bit sweet for my liking so I might 'dilute' some of it with a bit more alcohol. Thanks for the info guys.
IMG_20220707_202647.jpg
Gary

equipment: 2L Column still from Copper Pro

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegies