Mango wash

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Mango wash

Postby Hillbilly_moonshiner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:53 pm

well been experimenting since getting my still done some TPW's which has been great for neutral then flavoring from there still need more storage for my grog keeping an eye out for a stainless keg or 2 also tried molasses wash which ended up giving most to a mate who thought it was good i wasn't convinced but i was wrong hadn't given it enough time got another one down but seen as it's mango season here i decided to give a mango wash a go so i cut and peeled approx 25 or so mangoes i was going to use that in one wash but had another spare bucket so split into two washes added 4kg of sugar to each some Epsom salts and only had bakers yeast so it had to do had a SG of 1.09 which should give me 11 - 12% wash fired up fine now just the waiting game to get to run it as i only have a super reflux i'm gonna take out most of the packing and only have the water running in the cooling condenser when i run this and see how it comes out from there any other advise from you guys would be great besides the obvious one which is to tell me to get a pot still but that isn't on the cards yet and yes i did say yet :text-lol:
Hillbilly_moonshiner

equipment: Super Reflux Still

Re: Mango wash

Postby Rowey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Mango sounds good mate!! Let us know how it turns out I can get a hold of plenty of mangos! Well next year now anyway. Good luck and I hope it turns out well. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Rowey

equipment: Turbo 500, built a pot still, Boka. Currently building a 4 inch bubbler

Re: Mango wash

Postby Hillbilly_moonshiner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Will do mate gonna try a few different aging processes with it
Hillbilly_moonshiner

equipment: Super Reflux Still

Return to Fruit & Vegies