Voltage controller and Digiboil

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Voltage controller and Digiboil

Postby Outbackozzie » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Gday,

Can I use one of the FSD VC's with the digiboil, or would I need to bypass the electronic display section in the digiboil? I do find the display handy for monitoring during the heatup phase.

The digiboil is only used for the alembic and runs too fast at 1500w. Have not tried the 500w setting yet, but would expect that to be too low.

I did search but didnt find anything regarding the above combination.

Cheers
Outbackozzie

equipment: T500, alembic.

Re: Voltage controller and Digiboil

Postby Wellsy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:11 pm

I have no idea whether you can or not. But a work around given you like to monitor temp in heat up phase is to use the VC after the dig boil has heated up and that way it wound matter if the display does not work :)

I might have misunderstood the question however as I have been enjoying the fruits of my labour lol
Wellsy
Mentor

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:19 pm

If it’s the 35L version yiu can use it and it’ll work fine
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Outbackozzie » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:23 pm

Thank you 35l version, I'll order one :)
Outbackozzie

Postby Garfield » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:50 pm

I'm having the same issue with a digiboil. I bought one to do spirit run through my pot still. 1500w pumps out the juice and the cuts aren't particular clean. 500w output is so slow that a spirit run could take half the day. I was disappointed by these results as I thought the digiboil would give me better control of still speed. I'm interested in knowing how your purchase goes for your setup, please share your results. Cheers
Garfield

equipment: Reflux still

Postby Outbackozzie » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:11 pm

Gday Garfield, oredered the VC today, should get here in time for the next run, so will post what happens.

Going by what I have read here, 1000w will make a much nicer spirit, at the expense of a bit more time.
Outbackozzie

Postby The Stig » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:20 pm

Not just the controller :music-deathmetal: , everything will go in the post on Tuesday when everything’s open again
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Outbackozzie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:48 pm

All good, looking forward to some goodies to arrive. I see a large plated still in my future :)
Outbackozzie

Return to Electrical Hardware