pimpsqueaks Controller of Doom

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

pimpsqueaks Controller of Doom

Postby pimpsqueak » Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm

Finished off my controller (based on Punchys controller).
Added in a changeover switch so I have an on-off-controlled option.
Probably a bit over engineered, but that’s how I roll.
In hindsight, I should have probably used a changeover switch with a few additional contacts to control the fan. (It’s pretty loud, and not necessary when not using the psr.
Sourced most of the components from RS and my workplace.
The control is so precise and immediate. I’m glad I didn’t go with plan b and wire my 3600w element as 2 seperate 1800w elements.
Hopefully I’m only a few days away from my first proper run. :music-deathmetal:

9D01FBAF-823C-4469-92C3-C1EC5D3B127A.jpeg

770A4FBF-D76B-4784-8587-C67B94913873.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pimpsqueak

Location: Floating around Tassie until we find the right spot.
equipment: FSD 2” Pot Still
Modular 2” CCVM reflux using parts from FSD, SD and Designer Coils.

Re: pimpsqueaks Controller of Doom

Postby Jono » Fri May 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Looks pimpin
Jono

equipment: 50L Beer keg boiler with two 2.4kw elements, a kegland controller, 2 inch Bokakob aka Billy Bob Boka and Jack the stripper a 2.5inch shell and tube condenser for pot mode or stripping... Building up to getting a 4 inch plate still

Return to Electrical Hardware