running 2 elements on a double power point, can it be done ?

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: running 2 elements on a double power point, can it be do

Postby Amberale » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:51 pm

Built by the previous owner with recycled trusses from the old Flemington slaughter yards.
That was taken just after the new slab had been sealed.
Sad to say, she is not and shall never by that clean again.
She is a cracker.
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby Wellsy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:54 am

That shed would make a perfect tasting room when you open the distillery amberale
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby LikkerSheWillLoveIt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:43 am

That shed is nicer than my house, built better too by the looks of it.

Don’t tease me and tell me that there is structure, level, plumb or square?
LikkerSheWillLoveIt

equipment: Home made 50L keg boiler. PID controlled. Stainless Column dual valved reflux still.

Postby Amberale » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am

LikkerSheWillLoveIt wrote:That shed is nicer than my house, built better too by the looks of it.

Nothing is ever perfect(this is close).
The new slab is Square and level.
The old shearing floor at the other end isn’t.
Around a quarter of those lovely poles need replacing as their 60-90yo bums have rotted in the ground.

Wellsy, this end is the workshop, the other end is the playroom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Amberale on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amberale

Postby Wellsy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 am

Apologies iff myy spellling is a litttle off but I am struggling to see cleaarly through the tears of envy mate.

I have your address so for the price of a tracker I can find you mwahhhhh

Awesome shed mate, I bet you guys have worked very hard to get it.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby BigRig » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 pm

That is a kickass shed. The exact reason i tell the wife i want acreage. She loves the burbs :angry-banghead:

Ps. My electricals have now been done, washing the SSG today and giving it its first run tomorrow :music-deathmetal:
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Amberale » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Most of my peers are enjoying their retirements skiing in Japan or Canada, windsurfing at Maui, 4wd touring South America, golfing in Scotland etc.
I’m usually repairing fences or tractors and feeding cattle. :)

and I’ve got that shed.

My missus was seriously stressed when we bought this place, worried about how we could cope with over 200 acres.
Now I’ll have to bury her here(after she has died of natural causes! :) ).
If you have a chance to buy land, do it.
They aren’t making it any more and it’s not getting cheaper.

It has made the Covid lockdowns a breeze.
Blessed we are, blessed.
Amberale

Postby wynnum1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Amberale wrote:Most of my peers are enjoying their retirements skiing in Japan or Canada, windsurfing at Maui, 4wd touring South America, golfing in Scotland etc.
I’m usually repairing fences or tractors and feeding cattle. :)

and I’ve got that shed.

My missus was seriously stressed when we bought this place, worried about how we could cope with over 200 acres.
Now I’ll have to bury her here(after she has died of natural causes! :) ).
If you have a chance to buy land, do it.
They aren’t making it any more and it’s not getting cheaper.

It has made the Covid lockdowns a breeze.
Blessed we are, blessed.

What are you paying on government charges for your land and what restriction have they put on its use because can become a problem.
wynnum1

Postby Amberale » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:02 pm

First up, apologies to BigRig for the thread drift/steal.

Wynnum, not really a lot.
Our council rates aren’t that much more than we paid for a 440square metre house block in Highgate Hill.
Especially if you consider property value/inflation over the last 15 years.

We don’t pay water supply or sewage fees but we do pay Western water about $100pa for the privilege of water running off our land into their catchment.
This is supposed to give us access to funding to fence off and replant waterways.
Only problem is they require 50 metres of flats to be fenced off and we only have 30 and I’m not giving it to them.
We run our own land rehabilitation program.
There is currently no licensing/taxation on dam storage in Victoria but it will probably come and we’ll change to bores and troughs.

We are zoned rural farming and that means no subdivisions under 200 acres.
We could possibly fight that and split it into 2 but we are also under a water catchment overlay so additional dwellings are nigh on impossible.
On the other hand, I can build as many sheds as I want so long as they are used to store hay/feed or for equipment used in the production of it.
Pretty sure I can also build sorting sheds under the same rules so long as no more than 6 people in them at a time under normal circumstances.
I should be able to build a B&B dwelling without too much hassle but it would have to be close to our house and a: I don’t want to share, b: I am supposed to be retired and I don’t want to have to be nice to people for money.

We have a requirement to maintain a weed and pest control program and as livestock producers we have an active and complex biosecurity plan but that is all basically doing good record keeping for normal responsible land management.

We are in a secluded valley which will not be subdivided or built out for the reasons given above so no problems with newby tree changers complaining about noisy tractors or smelly cows (or Jimmy Hendrix blasting out at 150 watts from ones shed :) )

At this stage I believe that the new Western Power line scheme will pass well south of us over the flat land.
I really can’t see them coming over hilly/forested/tiger country.

So, not too bad for now and not worth losing sleep over maybes in the future.

PS there is a couple of hundred bucks annual CFA fee/tax but it is less than we donate to them anyway.
Last edited by Amberale on Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amberale

Postby Wobbegong » Tue May 31, 2022 9:29 pm

Amberale wrote:
LikkerSheWillLoveIt wrote:That shed is nicer than my house, built better too by the looks of it.

Nothing is ever perfect(this is close).
The new slab is Square and level.
The old shearing floor at the other end isn’t.
Around a quarter of those lovely poles need replacing as their 60-90yo bums have rotted in the ground.

Wellsy, this end is the workshop, the other end is the playroom.

Now thats a nice shed mate, must have worked hard to be able to "Retire" out there..

One day .... ^:)^
Wobbegong

equipment: 2" boka
2" pot
50ltr keg boiler
FSD controller
IBC cooling system

Postby Bob9863 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:05 pm

I've run two 2400 elements on the same double power point, but I used two different extensions to do so and my place has some pretty heavy duty wire and that circuit is on a 30amp fuse on the board.
But it seems like this has been sorted out the best way anyway.

I don't do that any more, I prefer to run just the one as it might be a bit slow to initially heat up, but it only adds about 30-45min to my run and low and slow definitely works much better with a pot still anyway.
Bob9863

equipment: 118lt keg still with 50lt thumper, gin cadfy/mini thumper and shotgun condenser
5lt copper pot still

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware