Voltage controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Voltage controller

Postby mathew11 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:07 am

Hi all,
I am after a controller for my 2000w element, I was wondering if one of these products was all that I needed to do that or if I needed more or something eles?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mathew11

equipment: 50L keg
80cm Copper reflux head

Re: Element controller

Postby niftinev » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm not a sparky but my concerns would be 220V. We have 240V +- a % in aus. if max input is 220v then no go

I would seek more info like a spec. sheet and then get advice.

Also without a meter you won't know what power your using/running at.

Checkout McStills post on his controller.
niftinev

equipment: 2"pot
2"boka

Re: Voltage controller

Postby Sam. » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Check this out mate, i'm not a sparky either but we have a fucking heap on here :laughing-rolling: If this isn't what your looking for ask some more questions and hopefully the more learned will give you some advice :handgestures-thumbupleft:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=933
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Schematic: Voltage controller

Postby VARocketry » Wed May 08, 2013 2:57 am

http://vaporcondenser.shutterfly.com/pictures/21

Here's the schematic (of sorts), you can eliminate the Volt/ammeter of you don't want one in your setup.
VARocketry

equipment: newbie, 2" POT Still, liebig condenser

Postby kiwikeg » Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 pm

I bought 2 of the 4000w exactly the same as matts last pic. Sparkys at work refused to wire it up as it was according to them only good to 10amps not the 15amps my element would use.
I know nothing about electronics.
Chur
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby 1 2many » Thu May 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Yeah i have one of those 4000 Watt ones too , just to run one 2400 watt element but havn't fired (loose term) it up yet. I will let you know how it goes. :-|
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Jonno » Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I run the 10kw one and haven't had a drama :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Jonno

Postby VARocketry » Fri May 10, 2013 1:37 am

SCHEMATIC USING 10000w scr on eBAY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VARocketry

equipment: newbie, 2" POT Still, liebig condenser

Postby Dominator » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:09 am

Jonno wrote:I run the 10kw one and haven't had a drama :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I just got one of those 10kw power controllers off ebay and am about to set it all up. Do you need a cooling fan for the heat sink or does it manage with out one. I am debating weather to have the heat sink inside by box with a computer fan pulling air over it or if I should just mount the heat sink on the outside and not worry about the fan. I will only be running one 2400w element off it.
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby Jonno » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 am

I just drilled a heap of holes above the heat sink. Gets warm but works good
Jonno

Return to Electrical Hardware