heating element location

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

heating element location

Postby Andy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey guys

I have had a look around and haven't found anything about this. Im making up my boiler soon for my pot still and have a little question. I have a 2200w weldless kegking element ready to go in. How high from the bottom of the 50L keg should i install it? I'm assuming it should be close to the base, but i assume there is a too close....

Cheers
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Re: heating element location

Postby kelbygreen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 pm

cant see why there would be to close? as long as it does not touch the bottom. Just dont leave the kegking elements unattended as there has been alot of reports of them failing. Not sure if the new (6th?) revision has fixed the issues but all the ones before hand didnt or bought new ones lol.
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby emptyglass » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Keep it an inch or two above the bottom.
Don't put it too high, or you run the risk of boiling dry.

I have never used the weldless elements, but I hear they are prone to failure.
emptyglass

Postby Andy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:59 am

cheers
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Return to Electrical Hardware