Temperature controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Temperature controller

Postby kingy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:03 pm

So I have a spare digital temperature controller from fermenting beer,with a stainless probe that can be mounted in my keg on my first build. Would this be of any benifit.
I'm thinking to mount it just above the elements so when the fluid level drops below the sensor I can turn it off before it drops below the elements. Is there any other benifit from doing this or is it a waste of time.
kingy

equipment: 4inch modular up to 5 plates and a packed section
50 litre 2x 2400w elements boiler
100 litre E herms brewery with a 130litre gas boiler

Re: Temperature controller

Postby blond.chap » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Honestly... probably a waste of time, just don't underfill your boiler and you won't ever have a problem (there's no reason to boil dry while stillin').

No need to control the temperature of the wash either, liquid-ethanol mixtures do that automatically.
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Re: Temperature controller

Postby Linny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm

:text-+1: you can only really control the amount of reflux
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Return to Electrical Hardware