Element wire up help

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Element wire up help

Postby dj1984 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:02 am

I'm putting together a still I bought a while ago and need help with the wiring...

Could someone tell me what is what? I guess the two wires joined together are the earth seeing as one of them are connected to the keg.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dj1984

equipment: Amphora society PDA-1

Re: Element wire up help

Postby Sam. » Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am

Get an electrician to help you before you kill yourself :handgestures-thumbupleft:

i see you posted from your phone so you prob cant see the massive pink warning?
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby dj1984 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:10 am

i only posted from my phone because its quicker to upload pictures, the reason im on here is to get help with the wiring... there should be an sparky on here somewhere who can help out..
dj1984

Postby Sam. » Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 am

dj1984 wrote:i only posted from my phone because its quicker to upload pictures, the reason im on here is to get help with the wiring... there should be an sparky on here somewhere who can help out..

Your correct, but any info given here is not a guarantee ;-)

How's your insurance going to look when your house burns down because of wiring diagrams you got off the net ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.

Postby dj1984 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:16 am

house ok shed maby not so... but i have seen some shonky electrical work befor from qaulified sparkys.
dj1984

Postby Sam. » Fri May 31, 2013 12:18 am

dj1984 wrote:house ok shed maby not so... but i have seen some shonky electrical work befor from qaulified sparkys.

Insurance companies need the certificate to prove it was done right.

Anything else, your fucked.

Having said that if any of the sparkies on here want to comment go ahead :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Postby dj1984 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 am

i have thought about getting a sparky but never knew how to go about getting them to come and wire up a still.
dj1984

Postby 8-ball » Fri May 31, 2013 6:54 am

Mate im a sparky yes I know how to wire it no im jot going to tell you how it will cost u probally $ 80-$100 to get it connected and tested just tell them its a boiler for water in the shed 90% of us couldnt care less that its a still could even get it cheaper with a bottle or 2 tell em all it needs is the final connection of the wires and test
8-ball

equipment: t500, 25lt boiler ( used 6 times )
2" simple pot, (sits ontop of the 2 plater )
gas + 3.6kw electric 80l keg with 6in opening
2 x 4" perforated plate with 2in shotty

Element wire up help

Postby BackyardBrewer » Fri May 31, 2013 7:37 am

Mate all you say is you're a home brewer and this is for your "mashing and sparging"...by then they have lost interest completely.

Home brewing is legal, back yard electrics is not!
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Kimbo » Fri May 31, 2013 1:40 pm

dj1984 wrote:house ok shed maby not so... but i have seen some shonky electrical work befor from qaulified sparkys.

Mate, arguing is not going to change our minds or our rules, just your membership status!
Get it wired profesionally ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby crow » Fri May 31, 2013 2:01 pm

dj1984 wrote:i only posted from my phone because its quicker to upload pictures, the reason im on here is to get help with the wiring... there should be an sparky on here somewhere who can help out..

After researching I find that you are most likely in Adelaide (so fucking much easier when members display their aprox location ) :roll: I don't know if their is a sparky member there but any sparky can do it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Camikaze » Fri May 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Fellow forum,

Topics such as these are not held in high esteem amongst the admin/mods staff. The sub-forum disclaimer is written and displayed in pink for a very good reason. Read it and adhere to it. It is there for your safety.

Smart-arsed comments or arguing the very nature of the topic is not acceptable and will be dealt with accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Topic is now locked.
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Return to Electrical Hardware