New Build

Pot still design and discussion

Re: New Build

Postby aliced » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey, look, Kimbo, it looked by then tone of the post the guy was having a shot at me.

I thought my responce was civilised. After rereading your rules, I don't see that I had broken them. You could argue that I am now by creating 'drama', but really, do you mean in future, that if someone has a go at me that your stance is that I should just lay down and let them?
aliced

Postby crow » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:54 pm

aliced wrote:Hey, look, Kimbo, it looked by then tone of the post the guy was having a shot at me.

I thought my responce was civilised. After rereading your rules, I don't see that I had broken them. You could argue that I am now by creating 'drama', but really, do you mean in future, that if someone has a go at me that your stance is that I should just lay down and let them?

Could have PMed this bud but since you didn't ok : Here is the thing champ you thought he was having a shot and now realize he wasn't so doesn't that prove the point that a measured response would have been the correct response here. This is how shit fights start generally by misunderstandings due to the fact you read but can't see or here responses ok. If you thought he was having a swing and were thinking of retaliating in kind it would be damn prudent to PM first and make sure first. No one was particularly having a shot at you per say but letting you and readers of this thread know that we all need to "play nice". Rather than cack up threads like this it would be better to PM queries of this nature :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Last edited by crow on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added then retracted unnecessary advise
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby aliced » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks Crow,

I understood that.

I just say it as I see it. Tends to get me in all sorts of strife. I can't promise that I will not react in a similar fashion again, but I will remain mindful of what you have said.

And, I apologise for cracking the thread, I would most probably feel really bad if it were not one I had started myself.

*that was an dig at myself, not anyone else :)*
aliced

Postby aliced » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Well, for those who are absolutely rivited to the goings on here, the rum is running like a champion.
aliced

Postby Sam. » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm

That's great but I am more interested in how your pot stilled nuetrel is going to go :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Kimbo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:34 pm

aliced wrote:Hey, look, Kimbo, it looked by then tone of the post the guy was having a shot at me.
Aliced, when I read your post, I came to the same conclusion as Zak. He was merely pointing out what he thought was a safety issue ( as I would),
you then got sarcastic with him..... he apologized and asked another question. You then came back with another snide remark.

I thought my responce was civilised.I strongly disagree After rereading your rules, I don't see that I had broken them.Here it is again for you
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated !

You could argue that I am now by creating 'drama', but really, do you mean in future, that if someone has a go at me that your stance is that I should just lay down and let them?No, In future, if someone has a go at you, like you did to the OP, I will deal with them the same as I have you!
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Previous

Return to Pot Stills