My mega fuggly adjustable pot still

Pot still design and discussion

Re: My mega fuggly adjustable pot still

Postby crow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:00 am

yeah I'll have to play around to see if I can enlarge them
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Well fucking done Crow :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: So you doing a spirit run today or what :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby crow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm

need some decent seals and I'll do a junkohol run I need 2 crox seals and a triclover seal as the one from the union has ridges in it to fit in grooves so the one I used stood up but it was dodgy as fuck
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:56 pm

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Cane Toad

Postby crow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Nar its all cool bananas anyway reckon the rum wash needs another day or so and the figs are most like 2 or 3 days away at least
crow

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Just found what was half bottle of mango rum :handgestures-thumbupleft: fuckin great :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: late start tomorrow I'd say :doh:
Cane Toad

Postby crow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:27 pm

caught myself drinking 12 yr old chivas with coke last night ,Dad would have slapped me :roll: (no ice and granddad always reckoned water and whiskey 'll fuck 2 good drinks) just one anyway before I thought harden up princess :icon-lol:
crow

Postby crow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 am

These are the crox joins I need seals for , Any sugestions also I need a seal for the keg flange what do most ppl use
PS just noticed the head is around the wrong way BTW :icon-lol: :icon-lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crow

Postby R-sole » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 am

I'd use thread tape on the flange to seal if it was mine. ;-)
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby stubbydrainer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 am

Loctite make a pipe fitting sealant thats a "liquid teflon replacement" for thread tape/ptfe tape
Loctite 567 pipe sealant, I think its number is , and from memory its a food safe product , I have used it over the years, and find it a better product for a permanent joint, and can be cleaned off if its a temp. joint (a bit of fukin about though)
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby crow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 am

yes but if I had some sort of seal at the seat of the crox then the thread wouldn't be so important , I was thinking some sort of of 50mm ring but I don't know much about what products are safe with ethanol vapor . sealing the thread wont seal the joint the vapor would simple just piss passed the nut . :oops: Oh hang on do you mean thread tape or sealant on the crox flange
crow

Postby R-sole » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Thread tape on the tapered flange, yes.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby crow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:42 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

Postby crow » Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

Hope this is biggerImage
crow

Postby Cane Toad » Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Hey Crow,bout time you mowed the lawn hey :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

Postby Kimbo » Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey Crow,
is that the seat your sitting on in your Avatar?
Nice build, it should work a treat :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby crow » Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Cupcake wrote:Hey Crow,bout time you mowed the lawn hey :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Ha Ha that was a couple of weeks ago ya want to see it now you'd only see the p of the still :laughing-rolling: had pet a sheep in SA might have to get her off my sister and bring her over
crow

Postby crow » Fri May 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Kimbo wrote:Hey Crow,
is that the seat your sitting on in your Avatar?
Nice build, it should work a treat :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: just checked :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol: looks like it hey . I sent the pic's to my skymesh address instead of my hotmail and they came out actual size :-?? before when I tried to enlarge them they blurred now I have to crop and shrink them :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

Postby audistiller » Fri May 11, 2012 1:05 pm

croweater wrote:had pet a sheep in SA might have to get her off my sister and bring her over

Judging by your grass, I would probably get two not one, then by Christmas it would be fat enough. ;-)
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby crow » Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 pm

audistiller wrote:
croweater wrote:had pet a sheep in SA might have to get her off my sister and bring her over

Judging by your grass, I would probably get two not one, then by Christmas it would be fat enough. ;-)

yeah ya need about half a dozen then so the kids don't get attached . Fell for that shit last time with Karly the wonder sheep that was addicted to tobacco , and thought she was a dog . No she didn't try licking she balls , but she would bark at strangers sometimes nip em on the calf or ankle flog there smokes and beer , chase cats and blue with other dogs along with all the other shit associated with raising pups :doh: . Come to think of it the fat c#nt can just stay where she is
crow

Previous

Return to Pot Stills