My 2" pot

Pot still design and discussion

My 2" pot

Postby Monkey Handler » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:48 am

Hey all,

So, finally, after ages mulling over it, finally got around to building a 2" pot, with help from the father-in-law.
Overall riser/pelican length is a shade over 500mm.
The shotty is also a shade over 500mm(was cut to 550mm) with 6x3/8th inners. Also soldered a 1/2inch copper spacer in the guts to keep the 3/8ths in place and away from the outer walls. In hindsight, should have probably macguyvered something else, but, it worked a treat anyway. Used 15% silver solder for the condenser, 2% for the rest.
Just finished the sac run now(after cleaning it up with vinegar and soaking in citric acid overnight) with help of an FSD controller and running of mains recycled(eventually plan on setting up a re-cycled setup), was quite happy with how it went, even though I was a bit worried about the 3/8th at one point.
Didn't take too many pics as we were a wee bit busy knocking it up, he put a few final touches on it (hence the endcap and not reducer).
Hopefully start knocking out some tasty drops soon.
Next on the cards, maybe pull apart a spare busted T500 and get rid of the plastic/make something else of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monkey Handler

equipment: T500 copper reflux. 2" Pelican Pot, 4" 5 plate glasser, 500mm packed section with all copper goodies.
30L and 58L keg boiler

Re: My 2" pot

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Nice looking pot still there mate so I guess your next trip is over to the tried and true forum to look at a few recipes eh. :teasing-neener:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby TSV Moonshine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Looks awesome! Let us know how your product turns out!
TSV Moonshine

equipment: Under construction
modular 2" reflux/pot combo
50L fermentor and 50L boiler SS

Postby Wellsy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Lovely project to work on with your father in law

Even better outcome :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Monkey Handler » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:40 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:Nice looking pot still there mate so I guess your next trip is over to the tried and true forum to look at a few recipes eh. :teasing-neener:

Cheers Bryan

Already got a WBAB wash clearing up for a "vodka" for the Mrs and going to do a 2nd gen to run through my new bit of kit :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Last edited by Monkey Handler on Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Handler

equipment: T500 copper reflux. 2" Pelican Pot, 4" 5 plate glasser, 500mm packed section with all copper goodies.
30L and 58L keg boiler

Postby Professor Green » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Nice work Monkey Handler, I really like the pelican designs.

Looks like your'e collecting in a plastic jug. That is fine for collecting your vinegar and cleaning runs but I'd look at using something a bit more spirit safe for anything you're going to drink; the glass jars like those that pasta sauce comes in or stubbies/330ml soft drink bottles work well.:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Monkey Handler » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:10 am

Professor Green wrote:Nice work Monkey Handler, I really like the pelican designs.

Looks like your'e collecting in a plastic jug. That is fine for collecting your vinegar and cleaning runs but I'd look at using something a bit more spirit safe for anything you're going to drink; the glass jars like those that pasta sauce comes in or stubbies/330ml soft drink bottles work well.:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers,
Prof. Green.

Thanks mate.
Cheers for the heads up, but yes, that was cleaning run only. I don't use plastic when it comes to keeping things for consumption :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Monkey Handler

30L and 58L keg boiler

Postby Professor Green » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:53 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Return to Pot Stills