Gin Basket for Still Spirits Alembic Pot

Pot still design and discussion

Gin Basket for Still Spirits Alembic Pot

Postby Danskee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Hello.

I am looking to get back into running my still and am looking to try my hand at some Gin. I already have a wash on that is ticking away nicely and am working on a botanicals bill at the moment. The reason for my post is i am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a DIY botanical basket to fit inside the the copper dome of the Still Spirits Alembic Pot Still i have searched far and wide and it seems to show up with nothing.

Thank you in advance for any help that may come my way

DanSkee
Last edited by MacStill on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link. read our community guidelines !
Danskee

equipment: T500 with stocks reflux condenser and the alembic pot still attachment

Re: Gin Basket for Still Spirits Alembic Pot

Postby hillzabilly » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Howdy ,maybe ya could hang one of these inside ya dome,with ya botanicals inside.they are hops baskets for beer etc .cheers hillzabilly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Re: Gin Basket for Still Spirits Alembic Pot

Postby kiwikeg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Hanging the botanicals tied up loosely in a bit of clean muslin cloth or cotton works just fine :handgestures-thumbupleft:
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Return to Pot Stills