is there a guide or chart getting best from T500 somewhere

Reflux still design and discussion

is there a guide or chart getting best from T500 somewhere

Postby globalmark » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:49 pm

Hi guys

I have just moved from a small airstill which has been awesome but bit small doing 4litre batches so i bought a used T500 - with the Airstill i found a chart PDF type thing here or another place called getting best out of airsill - it ran down stripping run then spirit run , with heads tails etc amounts and times ..

i was wondering has anyone seen something like this done by someone for the T500 , or a set of instructions and run through from first distill to spirt run and quantities of each part ..
i have read heaps and have most of the info in my head and know there is the info there but is there something all on one spot (not the still spirits manual i have that )
as this guide was so useful .

thanks Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
globalmark

equipment: airstil , fuselex filter, mangrove jack ss fermenter

Re: is there a guide or chart getting best from T500 somewhe

Postby Wellsy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:42 am

Hello global

Here is a link. http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewt ... 919bf93947

Have a good read of the cuts topic in the newbie section mate as there will always be variations in output due to changes in washes and equipment, ambient temperature etc. even the same wash through the same still can vary. These variations will increase as your volumes increase.

Run your favourite wash a few times and do your cuts, keep good notes and then you will start to get an idea of what to expect. Just remember what you expect to get is not always exactly what you get so it’s always good to do your cuts to be sure.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby globalmark » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:39 am

Hi Mate

Thanks will do that, i will read again - think i have read most things on several sites several times but just like a chart for quick reference guide until i get my head round it ..
otherwise i just make my own one eventually ... Thanks for that link though puts me in right place ..

Favorite wash is weetabix wash seems to give nice neutral spirit ..
and seems to be standard most people get 3 -3.5litres from a run in the T500 ..

Thanks again Mark
globalmark

equipment: airstil , fuselex filter, mangrove jack ss fermenter

Postby B-Man » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:12 pm

that post should sum it up pretty good
I found when running the t500 was to make sure you had a nice stable cooling water pressure.
if that's good set it to a nice dribble dribble drip flow rate. the temp basically tells you how stable it is. and it shouldn't move too much either way. if you take cuts ( I use stubbies) don't touch it until it slows down.
you will know when to push out the tails or shut it off.
B-Man

equipment: keg 4" Bubbler

Return to Reflux Stills