Beardrinkshomebrew's beer recipes

Discussions about beer and wine making.

Re: Beardrinkshomebrew's beer recipes

Postby Zak Griffin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Nah mate, have a suss at this;

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3117
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Zak Griffin wrote:Nah mate, have a suss at this;

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3117

:text-thankyoublue: cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
beardrinkshomebrew

equipment: .....................

Postby scythe » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:47 pm

You need to freeze the pears to get them to ripen properly, and they need to be picked early so they don't go grainy when they are ripe.
So once they are a suitable size pick them and put them in the freezer or fridge down to 0°c, they wont actually freeze due to sugar content.
Pears apparently ripen from the inside out so by the time they look good on a tree they are rotten at the core.

There was a link about it a while ago in the brandy threads i think.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Easy Weetbix / All Bran Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:19 pm

WBABW :music-deathmetal:

I have to say, I stuffed up at the start, but in a good way as it turns out :think:

Aldi did not have any All Bran, so I bought those little cricket bats that Tony Greig used to carry on about :dance:

since I never made WBABW b4, I knew no different :teasing-blah:

everytime I went into Aldi's to get :liar: supplies, I just got those Nutri Grain things instead of All Bran, as I can't remember things when I am sober :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

I loved the stuff & everyone else loved the stuff I made in my air still :handgestures-thumbupleft:

then one day I went shopping not feeling well in Coles & I bought All Bran instead of those small cricket bats that was the colour of :text-dope: , nope, wrong colour; I remember when my grass was green, now it is brown from no rain; that's it "brown" :happy-partydance:

And would you know it, it was better with those little shit coloured bats & Weetbix; it gave a smoother taste and I think it gave more alcohol at the same time :obscene-drinkingchug: I will have to experiment on myself to see if it does :-B someone has to do it :D

this is my WBNGW, sorry if this is wrong to anyone - it is not my intention; this website has helped me the last year & I try & give back (I have been on a disability pension for nearly 2 decades, so I have no money to give)

"10kg sugar (you just have to buy 10kg sugar next time, or now)

half a 1.4kg box of Weet-Bix

half a 560g box of Coles Mighty Grain (it should work the same)

2 teaspoons epsom salts

1.5 teaspoons citric acid

water to the 60lt mark

100g bread yeast (I buy the 280g container of Lowans yeast)

I left this for 2 weeks (or close enough) in the fermenter until the SG reached 990, I then removed the heat and stirred the whole thing up with my long spoon & left it for 4 days to settle, I then got my long spoon & moved the junk from around the tap & left it for another 3 days to clear. I then took 4 days to do the stripping run (as I have an air still) & only took one day to do the spirit run

stripping run

use the boil enhancers & a capful of conditioner or a few drops of olive oil

When stripping the wash,‭ let the still run until what’s coming out reaches 20% ABV

‭I can get 900 - 1000ml when I do the stripping run from 4lts & the alcohol is ~35% ABV

to get 1 litre, it takes ~3 hours & 10 minutes

I get ~18 beer bottles after I put it all into bottles. you can use glass or stainless steel to keep it in, not plastic, unless it is very special plastic

if you don't get multiples of 3 bottles, or whatever you use, keep the remaining in glass or stainless steel for the next stripping run

‭ spirit run

‭no need for boil enhancers or conditioner or olive oil in the spirit run, but I use the boil enhancers

‭fill the distiller to the mark, 4lts (the ABV can be as low as 15%)

I used 3 beer bottles (~750ml) from the stripping run & filled to the 4lt mark, this gave me 20%ABV

‭turn on the distiller & wait an hour

‭the first 50ml is foreshots, throw away, or keep in a bottle marked poison & out of reach of kids as this stuff will kill you; I use it mixed with water to clean windows or put some in your car washer bottle so it will clean the window better & if like me, it won't freeze in the colder weather :)

‭the next 250ml, keep for heads run*

‭collect 1200mls, that is a mixture of hearts & some tails, it will be ~70% ABV

‭after collecting the 900mls, collect 100ml then another 100ml & another & check with alcometer (until it gets down to 20%) & for taste to see if it gets included in the 900mls

‭I collected less in the stripping run than when I used TPW, but, I collected more in the spirit run than when I used TPW; and I don’t have to carbon filter this :) so this wash does the job; any wash is better than Turdbo. mix this 50- 50 with water for 40% ABV"

cheers :animals-bear:
beardrinkshomebrew

Re: Easy Weetbix / All Bran Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:10 am

Heads run :-p

once you collect 1750ml of heads

place in distiller & add water to the 4lt mark

discard the first 150ml

collect 1lt after that :music-deathmetal:
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby Zak Griffin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:13 am

Bear, you should be collecting all of your cuts in 50-100ml lots from an air still for best results :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

Zak Griffin wrote:Bear, you should be collecting all of your cuts in 50-100ml lots from an air still for best results :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I could do that, then when I finish, I can put it all in one big container b4 bottling :happy-partydance:

I did not want to have this here with that everywhere :angry-banghead: all I wanted is a uniform product, so I keep the "middle" parts together & dump the rest; everyone that has tried it loves it the way it is. I did not want to give people shit & me have the sweet hearts, the way I cut it there is more hearts than anything else :handgestures-thumbupleft:

thank you for the concern, but I would go nuts doing all those cuts 8-} I would rather be drinking a product that is the same all the time :obscene-drinkingchug: as they say, "when you are on a good thing, stick to it" :-p I hope I did not infringe on any copyright material :whistle:
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby Zak Griffin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:43 am

That's the idea mate... you make small cuts discard the heads and tails, mix all the hearts in together and age/bottle them from there.

How you enjoy drinking anything with tails in it is well beyond me :puke-huge: we can't stop you from doing it your way, but it's not the methodology that we want to promote here.
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 am

Zak Griffin wrote:That's the idea mate... you make small cuts discard the heads and tails, mix all the hearts in together and age/bottle them from there.

How you enjoy drinking anything with tails in it is well beyond me :puke-huge: we can't stop you from doing it your way, but it's not the methodology that we want to promote here.

I stop the distilling when it gets down to 20% & it still tastes good, I read that somewhere, that is why I do it :happy-partydance:
Last edited by Zak Griffin on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for clarity.
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby scythe » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Most people stop at 20% because its not worth the energy required to get the last little bit out of the wash.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Postby Zak Griffin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 pm

And that's on a strip run or stripping tails for feints, not to go in with the hearts!
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:39 pm

scythe wrote:Most people stop at 20% because its not worth the energy required to get the last little bit out of the wash.

and?
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby Zak Griffin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Mate, if you're happy with your product that's all that matters. Don't go trying to convince anyone else that you should collect in one jar down to 20% though. We concentrate on quality here, and I personally can't stand even early tails in my drink let alone the deep manky tails!
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Zak Griffin wrote:And that's on a strip run or stripping tails for feints, not to go in with the hearts!

and you lot realise, I have an air still

has anyone done all this on an air still?

I am just doing what I learnt from here & there, please teach me if I am doing something wrong; criticism is not a teacher

I thought I would let everyone know how I do things & every1 I gave this to, really enjoy it; how many times did I write that recently?

Mods, please move my recent posts from here to "http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9762" & re-name the heading there to "

Beardrinkshomebrew's homebrew recipes :)"

as that thread contains beer, apple cider & now after this a neutral recipe

cheers
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby Wobblyboot » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:38 pm

beardrinkshomebrew wrote:
Zak Griffin wrote:And that's on a strip run or stripping tails for feints, not to go in with the hearts!

I am just doing what I learnt from here & there, please teach me if I am doing something wrong; criticism is not a teacher

I thought I would let everyone know how I do things & every1 I gave this to, really enjoy it; how many times did I write that recently?

Mods, please move my recent posts from here to "http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9762" & re-name the heading there to "

cheers

Move it to beardrinksmankyhomebrew? I don't think anyone here will accept putting tails in with their good hearts :handgestures-thumbdown: :naughty: :naughty:
Wobblyboot

equipment: 4" glass bubbler

Postby Plumby » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:52 pm

I have never made this recipe myself but I would never add tails to my drinking stock unless I wanted some manky tasting spirit.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Zak Griffin wrote:Mate, if you're happy with your product that's all that matters. Don't go trying to convince anyone else that you should collect in one jar down to 20% though. We concentrate on quality here, and I personally can't stand even early tails in my drink let alone the deep manky tails!

How am I trying to convince anyone? back up your words!

I can back up mine, these are from this site (I won't bother about the WWW since no-one here can even grasp the minuscule data here on this site compared to the WWW) ; what have you got to say!!!

viewtopic.php?t=874

http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewt ... =28&t=9066

can you lot read?

how about it?

I give up, I have enough shit to deal with without having to deal with the East Gippsland Shire Council trying to blackmail & kill me, the cops trying to set me up again (for the umpteenth time for the last 3 decades, EWOV & the electricity retailers & distributors treating me like shit because they are too fucking dumb like the AMI 350 meter (I was trying to help the customers save heaps of money, but the ESTABLISHMENT doesn't like that), my constant hellish pain, eBay & payPal trying to shaft me, etc

I will not bother anymore with you lot :obscene-birdiedoublered:

all I did was try & share my WBNGW with everyone like I shared my apple cider & strawberry stout recipes & I cop this shit

:obscene-birdiedoublered:
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Wobblyboot wrote:
beardrinkshomebrew wrote:

cheers

Move it to beardrinksmankyhomebrew? I don't think anyone here will accept putting tails in with their good hearts :handgestures-thumbdown: :naughty: :naughty:

what is wrong with moving it to MY recipes? you don't like it here. what is your major malfunction? :violence-stickwhack:
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby beardrinkshomebrew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Plumby wrote:I have never made this recipe myself but I would never add tails to my drinking stock unless I wanted some manky tasting spirit.

you have never made it, but you are knocking it? :obscene-birdiedoublered:

:obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :violence-smack:
beardrinkshomebrew

Postby Zak Griffin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:25 pm

That's flowchart says to collect in 100ml lots, and the cuts guide says to air overnight and pick your cuts by taste and smell...

:think:

It's basic stuff mate. Tails taste like shit. Whiskey tails, rum tails, brandy tails and neutral tails, they all taste and smell like shit.

I'd move it to your beer recipe topic but the beers actually look like they might be tasty :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beer & Wine